xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xodus Install Perfect. Atttempted Evo-x...  (Read 58 times)

BIOYAM

• Archived User
Xodus Install Perfect. Atttempted Evo-x...
« on: October 13, 2002, 01:29:00 PM »

You can do one of the following:
(1) Boot off of an Evox CD, get access to your 'C: Drive' using FTP software and restore your original files to the 'C: Drive' (if you were smart enough to back them up first).

or

(2) Boot off of an Evox CD, get access to your Xbox through FTP software & fix your screwed-up evox files.
BIOYAM.

SeasonOfFire

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2002, 02:12:00 PM »

Unfortunately, my Xbox won't boot off of the Evox CD. I still get that damn "call MS" error or I get that problem where I get nothing at all. I do have backup files as well.

Thanks, is there anything else I can try? Or am I doing something wrong? And is there definitely a way to solve my problem since I do indeed have a modchip that bypasses the MS bios and goes directly to evox 2.5? Or is there a possibility that I'm completely screwed since essential dashboard files might be broken or missing off of the harddrive?

BIOYAM

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2002, 02:28:00 PM »

The Xbox has problems booting off of many different CDRW brands (It's very finicky). Since you said that you have a CDRW that you booted off of before, keep trying until it successfully boots(maybe even 10 to 15 times). I would then recommend restoring your original configuration & moving forward from there.

Try making another boot CDRW with another brand if you are not sucessful.

NB: If you are positive that you have a correctly installed & flashed modchip, and a good working backup, then you have everything neccessary to get yourself back up & running again.
BIOYAM.

SeasonOfFire

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2002, 05:44:00 PM »

biggrin.gif

opjose

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2002, 06:38:00 PM »

QUOTE (SeasonOfFire @ Oct 13 2002, 07:11 PM)
I installed my Matrix chip fine, it worked, i played backup games and was happy.  I attempted to install the Evolution X dashboard via FTP and messed up. I'm not sure exactly what went wrong, but I get that nifty "call MS" error everytime i try to run any sort of disk, on every single matrix setting (or i get nothing at all), and even without the matrix in.

So obviously I screwed up my harddrive, but the Evolution X 2.5 bios is installed correctly on my correctly installed Matrix. Is there anything I can do to fix my harddrive, or will I have to go into Sears tommorrow and try and reap the benefits of having a Protection Agreement on it.

Thanks for your help in advance. Just please don't tell me blah blah blah about how they'll be pissed about me voiding the warrenty. Just tell me if its fixable, and what methods are best/easiest. Thanks again.

Which bios did you burn.

Some of them require different names for the dashboard.

If in turn you boot, and it doesn't find the right name you get the errors.

tman

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2002, 08:29:00 AM »

question related : BAckup before screwing up

when bios flashed correctly and modchip properly installed , is it then you enter the CDRW with EVO 1.8 to Boot and make first time backup ?

Just want to be sure (because lots of people dare to forget or screw their backup)

opjose

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2002, 08:57:00 AM »

Answer YES.

This will be confusing for some people because most non-programmable mod chips do not need to be flashed first.

The Matrix type chips need to be flashed with a bios before they can work properly.

So yes:

1 flash mod chip,
2 install in Xbox,
3 modify evox.ini file for your network
4 place on boot CDRW along with other Evolution-X files
5 connect Xbox directly to PC or to your network (different cables for both)
6 modify settings on PC to deal with network
7 use FlashXP to connect to Xbox
8 once connected backup C:\ & E:\ to seperate folders on PC

For added safety

9 burn backed up information to a CD-R and keep in safe place.

10 NOW screw around with Xbox
11 don't hurt yourself in the process! heh.

tman

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2002, 04:02:00 PM »

Thanks again opjose ....helped a lot ..(btw still waiting on my matrix ...then i start my newbie XL tutorial)