xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Networking  (Read 261 times)

opjose

• Archived User
Networking
« Reply #45 on: October 16, 2002, 08:24:00 PM »

QUOTE (Needhelp05 @ Oct 17 2002, 12:59 AM)
This is what I'm trying to do.  I have the opoen xbox chip.  I want to boot to evox when I press the power button, and boot to original dashboard when I press the eject button.

And yes it will go to ms dashboard from evox.  

AFAIK???

Remember that to do this on a replacement drive, you'll first need to lock the drive. So if you have replaced the drive, first lock it.

It sounds like you have everything ready.

EvolutionX should be called yboxdash.xbe
You obviously have the original dash called xboxdash.xbe as it should be.

I have to assume that you have a replacement drive, because if you have the OEM drive, the dual boot should be working now.

You reported the Service Error message, that is probably the result of the unlocked drive.

Hitting "BACKUP in Evolution-X generates the file with the password needed to lock the drive.

This file is the only text file in the C:\Backup directory.

You'll need to print this out and take the drive back out (yeah again).
Create a boot disk, put your drive in a PC. And lock it with this new password.

Remember to properly jumper the drive for the PC, then back to Cable Select when you return it to the Xbox.

If you proceed heed this caveat.

If you lock the drive by accident, or do anything (CTRL-C, etc.) unexpected DO NOT re-run the HDLOCK program until you have saved and printed out the HDDPWD.TXT file that the HDDLOCK program creates on the floppy!

This is important. It contains the current drive password. If you run the program again the file will be overwritten, and if you do not know the old password you will end up with a dead drive.

-JMS

Needhelp05

• Archived User
Networking
« Reply #46 on: October 17, 2002, 07:12:00 AM »

biggrin.gif

opjose

• Archived User
Networking
« Reply #47 on: October 17, 2002, 07:55:00 AM »

QUOTE (Needhelp05 @ Oct 17 2002, 01:12 PM)
Thanks for your help everyone I finally got it working.  Now to figure out how to install dvdx2.  Also does the xbox read DVD+rw? biggrin.gif

Ok Great, but don't go away without giving closure.

What finally made it work?

And yes DVD+RW works fine, albeit it's expensive media compared to $0.69/ea DVD-R disks!

Needhelp05

• Archived User
Networking
« Reply #48 on: October 17, 2002, 04:43:00 PM »

biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif

dignick

• Archived User
Networking
« Reply #49 on: October 19, 2002, 06:46:00 AM »

biggrin.gif
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]