xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: How do I Network My XBOX and PC  (Read 1764 times)

TalinTheLost

• Archived User
How do I Network My XBOX and PC
« on: January 05, 2004, 05:53:00 PM »

Just a word on wireless.... dont use it if you're going to be transferring large files.

Typical Cat5 cable is around the 80-90mbps (even tho it says 100  - 100 is only the "theoretical max").

Wireless on the other hand... there's different speeds again.

You have 10mbps, 22, 54, and i think there's also a 76 now too?

anyway.. my friend has a 22. the max he can get is 11mbps. i have a 54 - the max i can get is 19-20. and no, this is not just bad settings. what they say is that "54mbps" is only theoretical - its actually not obtainable - they even admitted that to me in the end. was not impressed

anyway...back to the point. even at 20mbps... are you sure you'd want to wait 15 minutes to transfer something rather than 3? no..i'd say not smile.gif

xcosta54

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2004, 07:43:00 AM »

Question: Do you need a mod chip to network to your Xbox from PC? uhh.gif

star^

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2004, 01:55:00 PM »

I have a little problem.
I have 2 network cards in my pc. One of them are for the internet thats i get from a hub that is connected to a wireless internet concection.
The other card is connected with my xbox. I do not want to connect my xbox to the internet so that is clear.

The problem is that when i turn on the xbox and go on the xbox via ftp i loose my internet conection.
It just goes down.
To get my internet working again i have to unplug the crossover that is connected to the xbox.

My internet ip is 10.41.159.3 and the ip for the other network card is 192.168.0.1.
Xbox ip is 192.168.0.3

what to do?

inVINCEseeble

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2004, 08:49:00 PM »

i have a dsl modem but i don't have dsl connection? how do it set it up?

inVINCEseeble

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2004, 09:02:00 PM »

One question: I saw there is a hole looks like a phone line outlet. in the backleft of the xbox, is that hole on the left use for phone line? I plug it it, it fits but I don't know if it work.

brahm2

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2004, 11:06:00 PM »

QUOTE (inVINCEseeble @ Jan 18 2004, 12:55 AM)
One question: I saw there is a hole looks like a phone line outlet. in the backleft of the xbox, is that hole on the left use for phone line? I plug it it, it fits but I don't know if it work.

That is an ethernet jack, for networking the Xbox for System Link play, Xbox Live, or (if you have a modchip) FTP'ing to your computer.

Telephones do not work with Xboxes wink.gif

inVINCEseeble

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2004, 11:11:00 AM »

holy molly, is there another way to FTP to PC without modchip, I thought I only need TSOP Flash or Softmod to copy xbox games to hardrive to play them there, and burn xbox games

evagelos

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2004, 06:04:00 AM »

one question:
how can i connect my xbox wireless with my pc?
on my pc i understant that i'll use a pci card. but on xbox?

JBoerma

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2004, 09:00:00 AM »

Is the XBOX NIC only working in Full Duplex mode. When I try to connect via a USB network adapter (half duplex) the XBOX is not replying. When I put the cable in a 3Comm NIC full duplex, it's working. Forcing this one to half duplex no connection.

stang5150

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2004, 02:39:00 PM »

Quick question.

I have two PCs.  One is sharing internet connection with the other through linksys PNA phoneline cards and an Alcatel 330 USB DSL modem.  These phoneline cards only run at 10Mbs and I use the 10/100 network card on my main pc to connect my xbox to.  I have been thinking of getting a wireless network with the linksys   wireless-G router connected to my main PC with the DSL,  a wireless pc card for my other computer and the Linksys Wireless-G adapter for the xbox.  My question is does the Wireless-G adapter work on a modded xbox?

ngjason

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2004, 11:51:00 PM »

huh.gif

kidkash

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2004, 11:15:00 AM »

helllp!!!!

I am a total noob.
In the first post in this thread about networking.

is that the same type of "networking" if you just wanted to transfer files from pc 2 xbox?

I noticed the words "broadband" alot. I just want to connect my xbox and pc to transfer files and stuff, not to play xbox live. so do i still use that guide?

Lord Magnus

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2004, 05:36:00 PM »

QUOTE (evagelos @ Jan 19 2004, 04:04 PM)
one question:

Ok, what you need is an  Xbox Wireless Adapter

Here's the description:

Add your Xbox video game console to your high-speed wireless network with the Xbox Wireless Adapter. Play games on any TV in your home … without wires and with the assurance of the leading wireless security.

You can buy it today Here for $99.00, I know it says $139.00 but when you click on the "Buy It" link, the rates on circuit city and similar places is $99.00.

Or you can shop arround for something cheaper... just check the speed transfer.

Hope it helps. Good Luck!  biggrin.gif

ohjustsomedude

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2004, 08:39:00 PM »

Posted on Feb 12 2004, 03:36 AM
 QUOTE (evagelos @ Jan 19 2004, 04:04 PM)
one question:

I haven't done it yet, but I'm sure it will work.  Just connect a crossover (the same cable that came with your xbox) cable to a wireless router.  Then set up the a wireless connection from your pc to the wireless router.  Now they're networked.  I would leave the encryption off and just disable ssid broadcast and do mac address filtering.  And of course change the default login and password on the xbox just to be sure.  This way you have more functionality that the wireless adapter would provide.  I'm going to set this up soon, but I want to drill a hole into my wall first, I actually have a more complex setup than you are describing.

webscripter

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2004, 06:49:00 AM »

uhh.gif
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7