xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbox 1.1 Tsop Flash  (Read 241 times)

j0rpi

• Archived User
Xbox 1.1 Tsop Flash
« on: February 03, 2020, 09:47:00 AM »

Hello everyone. Finally got my hands on an old Xbox, and this time it was an 1.1 - Got it softmodded yesterday, but i want to be able to have a custom boot look, so i found out TSOP was preety easy. I'm gonna bridge the points later tonight, but before i do, what do i have to do? Remember my Xbox is softmodded, so i shouldn't have to deal with savegame hacks or linux (right?) My Xbox does not have a Winbond chip, it has some ST chip (as far as i could see on the chip just above to the right of the LPC)

1. Can i flash through EvoX? If so, what should i get?
2. What is the best and recommended bios to use? Remember i want to customize the boot sequence.
3. Since it's a 1.1, i need a 1MB bios right?

All help is appreciated, i know i have should have searched, and i did. No tutorials really say what bios to use, or what to use (Not in a easy way atleast...) to flash the onboard chip.

Oh, another question. Since the Xbox is softmodded, do i have to reformat the disk after TSOP flash? Considering softmod has 'hacked' files?

Heimdall

• Archived User
Xbox 1.1 Tsop Flash
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2020, 10:26:00 AM »

1. Yes, you can flash with Evox.

2. X2.5035

3. Yes, but don't worry about it - Evox resizes the BIOS when it flashes.

4. You don't need to reformat the disk, but you need to put the dash in the place the BIOS looks for it - C:\evoxdash.xbe. You also need to put x2config.ini on E:\

HeXEn (Google Heimdall's Xbox Engineering Disc) will do all of this for you. Burn it to DVD-R at 4x or slower, and boot with it in the DVD drive.

j0rpi

• Archived User
Xbox 1.1 Tsop Flash
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2020, 10:31:00 AM »

QUOTE(Heimdall @ Mar 3 2012, 06:26 PM) *

1. Yes, you can flash with Evox.

2. X2.5035

3. Yes, but don't worry about it - Evox resizes the BIOS when it flashes.

4. You don't need to reformat the disk, but you need to put the dash in the place the BIOS looks for it - C:\evoxdash.xbe. You also need to put x2config.ini on E:\

HeXEn (Google Heimdall's Xbox Engineering Disc) will do all of this for you. Burn it to DVD-R at 4x or slower, and boot with it in the DVD drive.

Allright, i guess that's all information i need. I have bridged the 4 points, and i have gotten my hands on the .iso - I guess this disc is not supposed be launched from the HDD, since i get Error 13, but i tried to launch from HDD since i have no discs. Is it really needed to be burned?

Thanks.

j0rpi

• Archived User
Xbox 1.1 Tsop Flash
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2020, 11:07:00 AM »

Allright, seems like i had to burn it. Anyway, TSOP flash went perfectly, and the box is now running X2.5035 with custom boot animation. Thanks for your disc Heimdall!

Heimdall

• Archived User
Xbox 1.1 Tsop Flash
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2012, 11:10:00 AM »

That's excellent news. smile.gif