xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Tsop Soldering Done. Need Some Quality Control ;)  (Read 220 times)

3800sc

• Archived User
Tsop Soldering Done. Need Some Quality Control ;)
« on: March 01, 2011, 12:56:00 PM »

I just finished bridging the solder points to do my first TSOP flash.  Just want someone to take a look at my work and tell me if its correct before I botch anything up with the flash.

Here's the pics:

IPB Image

IPB Image

Hopefully I'm all set to flash so I can get rid of the DVD rom in my new slim box smile.gif

3800sc

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2020, 06:15:00 PM »

xBox booted as it normally would.  I'm assuming everything is all good to go.

I softmodded the xbox with the UnleashX dash.

What is the easiest way to flash the BIOS from here?  I really do not want to bother with raincoat, sounds too complicated.  I thought I read something about being able to use Slayers to do the flash.  Is this correct?  If so, can anyone gimme a quick rundown of what I need to do as I cant seem to find a tutorial for this method.

Thanks!

lordvader129

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2020, 06:58:00 PM »

slayers will be able to flash it just fine

3800sc

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2011, 07:27:00 PM »

QUOTE(lordvader129 @ Mar 1 2011, 08:58 PM) View Post

slayers will be able to flash it just fine

So with Slayers, I just need to download the BIOS and use Slayers to install?  Also, will I get the options with Slayers to change the bios settings?

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2020, 07:31:00 PM »

No. Slayers has BIOSes already on the disc, and it doesn't give you any tools to edit the BIOS before flashing. If you want to do that, just use Evox to do the flashing directly from your hard drive - that's what Slayers uses.

3800sc

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2011, 07:36:00 PM »

QUOTE(Heimdall @ Mar 1 2011, 09:31 PM) View Post

No. Slayers has BIOSes already on the disc, and it doesn't give you any tools to edit the BIOS before flashing. If you want to do that, just use Evox to do the flashing directly from your hard drive - that's what Slayers uses.

So, if I use slayers, and let it set the BIOS up, will it allow me to remove my DVD drive and swap hard drives easier?  Thats basically all I am doing this mod for.  Thanks for all the info!

3800sc

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2011, 09:54:00 PM »

All flashed and everything is working great.  If I had known it was this easy I would have done it a long time ago.   smile.gif  Thanks to all that helped!