xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Duox 2 Tsop_d6.bin Flash  (Read 29 times)

spiffyville

• Archived User
Duox 2 Tsop_d6.bin Flash
« on: November 14, 2006, 12:03:00 AM »

I stumbled upon this article the other day, from strict puppet.

http://forums.xbox-s... 1.2 tsop flash

It entails a process by which you can reflash a bad eeprom using a chip from the LPC.

Heres my problem, I take the tsop_d6 bios and create a 512 bin using x2bm. I have tried flashing this image on both banks of the Blue Duox2 chip that I have, I can get niether of them to boot. They both just frag three times and give me the christmas lights.

Which leads me to wonder if, there is no usable data left in the tsop for this trick to work and I'm stuck getting a xray 29 wire to fix a couple bad image boards I have. The one I've been experimenting with has the focus video encoder, so as far as I can see I shouldn't have any problem with booting the bios.

Thanks for the help.

spiffyville

• Archived User
Duox 2 Tsop_d6.bin Flash
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2006, 12:36:00 PM »

From reading the tutorial I was under the impression, that with the bios flashed onto the chip. The xbox wouldn't frag with the chip left on. I thought that was only when it was pulled off?

StrictPuppet

• Recovered User
Duox 2 Tsop_d6.bin Flash
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2006, 03:48:00 PM »

QUOTE(spiffyville @ Nov 14 2006, 11:43 AM) View Post

From reading the tutorial I was under the impression, that with the bios flashed onto the chip. The xbox wouldn't frag with the chip left on. I thought that was only when it was pulled off?

That is correct, it shouldnt frag with the chip left on, it should just sit there...no video...no sound, just a green flashing or steady green eject led.  There is an error in my tut that says it will also work on versions 1.4-1.5, it will not as that bios doesnt support the focus video encoder.  Assuming your trying this on a version 1.0-1.3 mobo there is possibly a fault with the bios you flashed.  Try redownloading that bios from xbins ( they do host it once again) and reflashing the 256k bios to the chip using evox( it will auto upsize it for you).
The amount of decent code left on the tsop shouldnt affect the way that bios boots while the d0 is grounded, so your possible problems are:
1:Bad bios ( redown and reflash)
2:Incorrect version mobo (1.0-1.3 only)
3:Something else wrong with the chip install ( does it boot with x2 4981? thus confirming your pinheader installation/d0 is good)

I havent really heard of too many people having much success with my described method, so i started to draw up plans for an  "adjustably timed d0 ungrounder" just for this purpose, but I have not constructed this device yet, nor do I currently have a suitable test box (with a corrupt tsop) to test it on.  Theoretically ungrounding the d0 should have the same effect as removing the chip all together.

Good luck spiffyville