xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: About Switch On V1.0 (flash Tsop)  (Read 64 times)

lordvader129

• Archived User
About Switch On V1.0 (flash Tsop)
« on: January 05, 2005, 09:45:00 PM »

it doesnt matter, you can flash either bios to either side fo the chip, so use whatever side feels natural

lordvader129

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2005, 10:18:00 PM »

actually SPDTs arent really on and off, they are more like on and on, when the switch is to the right the 2 rightmost pins are connected, when its left the leftmost pins are connected

most people like to make ground their most used bios (usually hacked) to save some stress on teh MCPX, i dont even knwo which way is which on my switches, they got all turned around when i mounted them (i have a heatsink on the MCPX for heat issues though)

FallsInc

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2005, 07:45:00 AM »

when the d0 is grounded, the 3.3v drops out but it increases current to the mcpx. this can cause problems. but luckily for us, the d0 line is only grounded for about a hlaf second until the line is shutdown by the xbox.

lordvader129

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2005, 04:35:00 PM »

your switch is fine, same one i use, lol

d0 isnt an issue here, since this a TSOP split, not a modchip

when a19 is connected to 3.3v it increases the heat (a bit) on the MCPX (i have a heatsink on mine) this can have some effects if left on for a long time (i guess) but i think you have to have some other faults working against you too

i assume your gonna use the hacked side more than the reatil side, so we'll call hacked "on" and it should be on the ground side of the switch, this way most of the time is spent with ground connected to a19 (still an unnatural connection, but not gonna raise the heat of the MCPX)

JohnnyHunng

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2005, 08:43:00 PM »

If u got a mcpx heatsink, use it, if not, whatever bios u will be using the most, make sure is on the ground side of the switch...it'll be fine.

lordvader129

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2005, 09:44:00 PM »

well the 3.3v will always heat teh MCPX, and it just depends how often you are gonan use the bios on that side fo the switch

additionally i have a 4way TSOP split, so of my 4 bios 2 of them have 3.3v goign to the MCPX and 1 of them have 2x 3.3v going to the MCPX