xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Ok, What Am I Doing Wrong?  (Read 28 times)

jnajera

• Archived User
Ok, What Am I Doing Wrong?
« on: January 11, 2004, 09:57:00 AM »

Ok, You guys helped me earlier, now I am stuck

Here is what I have:
Xbox v1.0 with a Hyundai HY29F080T-90
Motherboard soldered at R7D3 on front and R7R3 on back
Xecuter 1.0 Mod Chip, (You know, one of the first mods advertised to have 1 wire)
WD120GB HDD with a ton of stuff on it and EvoX3935 with a 4980 bios made to the size of 1MB and CRC with md5

Ok so here is what I am doing to try to flash the TSOP

I edited the evox.ini to have the 4980 bios with the crc.  I commented out the flash lines that where not my chip, leaving only the hynix one.  I chose the Hynix Flash Line because the description matched the model number on my Hyundai.  I assume they are the same.

I boot the xbox up, load Evox 3935 with the help of boxplorer (Evox is not my default dash).  Now with Evox loaded I disconnect the the wire on my Mod which connects the mod to the D0 point on the motherboard.  Doing that should disable the mod, correct?  Then I choose flash and select the bios I want.  And the next screen tells me that my TSOP is non flashable.  I check settings in Evox and it has unknown for my bios.  

What am I doing wrong?

PS: anyone in the San Diego area that wants to help me out?

lordvader129

• Archived User
Ok, What Am I Doing Wrong?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2004, 11:03:00 AM »

once you boot the LPC modchip its impossible to flash the TSOP (you can only flash the modchip)

best thing to do is load evox with the modchip on, ftp a font exploit to the msdashboard, then remove the modchipo, use the font exploit to load evox and flash from there