xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Wow!  (Read 384 times)

Rabid1

• Archived User
Wow!
« on: February 03, 2020, 02:46:00 PM »

I just found a box with some Xenium chips in it and got nostalgic for the forums. I knew teamXodus was down, it went the same time the DS-X forums finally bit the dust but I was shacked to see some life still here. The S.P.Ice was a great little chip. My Blu.F.O. box is still plugging away as a media box. I even found one of the first release 24Ks on my test motherboard.

I noticed the guide links are all dead, I will dig around and see if I have any copies still on my HD and maybe post them html here.

Elf_Sniper

• Archived User
Wow!
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2009, 11:35:00 PM »

Its been a few years, I decided to check out the website randomly again by googling "team xodus" and here we are!  

The Xenium Ice WAS a great little chip.  I was a middle schooler modding my XBox and it was nice to learn how to solder and learning about bioses and whatnot.  I replaced the HDD to 120GB (at the time I thought that was huge haha), ripped some games on there, great for lanning, set up XBMC, I remember thinking it was the coolest - and for the time, it really was.  

Now I'm a mechanical engineering major in college and barely remember half the computer shit I used to know, and a lot of that I learned here.

I have a 360 that I rarely play and have zero interest in modding, the Xbox1 modding days were great though, I spent hours on this forum.  I guess for the most part the 360 does most of the things I ever modded my XBox to do - though of course you can't pirate games with it, but its so intertwined with XBox Live I never bothered thinking about pirating anyway, I have no interest in getting banned.

Rabid1

• Archived User
Wow!
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2009, 02:00:00 PM »

We just sold a car to a guy from Minnesota and he mentioned he had an old Xbox he wanted to mod so I sent him my 24K and an SP adapter. I got curious and decided to pick up an old xbox. I found a pawn shop that sold me one for 20.00 with the DVD remote. Once I tested it to make sure it worked I went to open the case and the feet and labels were super glued on. Once i got it open, sure enough, an old Xecuter 3 and Xapter were installed. I messed with them awhile and came to the conclusion the chip was dead. I popped in an Ice on an old USA adapter and fired it up. Whoever had it before had put in an 80g so I swapped it for a 250g I had laying around and now I have 2 XBMC media boxes setup and I stream movies to my PS3 from them. If anybody is still around and interested I have one Xenium ICE chip left. No solderless adapter but the pinheader and everything for a solder install. No charge, just PM me and I will reply with where you can send a self addressed and stamped return envelope for it.