xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Chip Led Red-orange-green -> No Boot  (Read 429 times)

cypher04

• Archived User
Chip Led Red-orange-green -> No Boot
« on: September 27, 2009, 02:17:00 AM »

I've run into this same issue. I've been working on it for the past 2 weeks with no luck.

Monti

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2009, 03:55:00 AM »

Hi,

good to know I am not alone with the problem - I am thinking about trying to grab one of the "not-so-good" chips still available like Duox or Aladdin to find out if there is a general problem with my connections/soldering or it really might be a lost memory of the chip...

Any idea how to get the memory back? Would a "flash-CD" help? Or would it not boot because the chip might not even start to access the CD?
I know I have a recovery.bin on the CD that I used to flash with the recovery switch set, but that does not help either...

Monti

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2009, 02:02:00 PM »

Well, I got good news and bad news.

The good news: I got my XBox working again.
The bad news: I bought a new Chip.

In the end, it really looks like it is the Xenium, that causes the problem.
After I got my new "Duox2" chip today and did some required soldering, my Xbox was booting from the chips BIOS.

So, I think I can say good-bye to my old Xenium.

FYI: The chip (I got it at a German online store, www.konsolenprofis.de) already has two BIOSes with EvoX in it and I could flash one of them directly with the BIOS lying on the disc.

So in the end, even though the chip definitely is not as good as the Xenium (no own BIOS/OS to flash with, additional soldering and wires required) I think I can live with it and now that it works and my XBMC comes up again, everything is fine again.

cypher04

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2009, 10:50:00 PM »

Thanks for doing some leg work. I haven't been able to troubleshoot it much more as this has been a busy month for me.

Very depressing that it's the chip. I guess I'll have to get a new one myself. Very odd that it just decided to die like that all on it's own. Was literally working one minute and the next it wouldn't let the xbox display video.

The really strange thing that I observed was the chip led still lit up green as if everything was ok.

echoscience

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2009, 09:47:00 PM »

weird i hope my chip didn't die either...i am having the same problem all of a sudden it doesn't want to boot. for a while now the power button would work and the only way to turn it on was to use the power plug or open disc tray on the console... i am getting a constant red light on my chip and console now.. this is a real bummer

ninethreeeleven

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2010, 10:42:00 PM »

Well, I'm in the same camp. Mine is doing everything described.

I had modded mine back in about 2003-4 or there about.  I broke it (screwed up XBMC) and never fixed it. Other than as a DVD player it hasn't been doing much in the last 5 or so years. Anyway, about 4 weeks ago I took the time to fix everything with EvoX and XBMC and have put this thing through some real punishment over the last 4 weeks. Season after season of TV, 40+ hours of movies, etc.

And today, after I transferred 20GB to it, I turned it back on for the tv and it was "On-off-On-of, red orange green." All LEDs on the chip are lit, I opened it up and am messing with it.

One time it hit the Xenium bios and it didn't note the fact that I had 2 dashboards installed (EvoX and Default). When I hit launch it was blank (as in no choices).

I'll post back if I find something out, if not, I gotta get a new chip as my grad school loan checks won't allow an upgraded system of any sort.

Xenium SPICE chip (solderless) Xbox 1.6.

Rabid1

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2010, 11:16:00 PM »

QUOTE(ninethreeeleven @ Jan 18 2010, 06:42 AM) View Post

Well, I'm in the same camp. Mine is doing everything described.

I had modded mine back in about 2003-4 or there about.  I broke it (screwed up XBMC) and never fixed it. Other than as a DVD player it hasn't been doing much in the last 5 or so years. Anyway, about 4 weeks ago I took the time to fix everything with EvoX and XBMC and have put this thing through some real punishment over the last 4 weeks. Season after season of TV, 40+ hours of movies, etc.

And today, after I transferred 20GB to it, I turned it back on for the tv and it was "On-off-On-of, red orange green." All LEDs on the chip are lit, I opened it up and am messing with it.

One time it hit the Xenium bios and it didn't note the fact that I had 2 dashboards installed (EvoX and Default). When I hit launch it was blank (as in no choices).

I'll post back if I find something out, if not, I gotta get a new chip as my grad school loan checks won't allow an upgraded system of any sort.

Xenium SPICE chip (solderless) Xbox 1.6.

More than likely it is the adapter or the solder job. To check your install examine the following pins connection to the LPC: 7, 8, 10, and 11. Look for a bad solder joint or a stuck pogo pin. For a 1.6 LPC rebuild check both nds of the wires.