xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Frag And Lights Not Showing On Chip  (Read 121 times)

Chaoswarrior37

• Archived User
Frag And Lights Not Showing On Chip
« on: February 02, 2020, 07:24:00 PM »

Its been eons since I've done any modifications to my Xbox, so I'm completely out of tune of what's going on, other than I've never seen this before and I know its not good.

This is what's happening: http://s81.photobucket.com/albums/j206/Cha...urrent=FRAG.flv

And now if I boot my Xbox, none of the lights 5 lights on the adaptor even light up. The recovery switch doesn't do anything either. This has started up just a while ago, where it would FRAG as if not all the pins were touching the contacts on the motherboard, then after taking the cd drive and hdd apart and putting it back together it would work fine... Until I booted it after some time. I haven't checked to see if the Xbox would run w/o the modchip, but I'd prefer not to have to take it out just yet...

This post has been edited by Chaoswarrior37: Yesterday, 03:30 AM

Chaoswarrior37

• Archived User
Frag And Lights Not Showing On Chip
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2020, 08:16:00 PM »

Ok, after looking around for help a little more and not finding anything, I figured I'd just start from scratch and reinstall the chip. The adapter is perfectly fine without the chip, all lights are on and all gold wires are in their proper pinholes. But after putting the chip on for the first time without the recover switch on it gave me the same error you saw in the video I posted above. I removed the chip and double checked to see if the adapter was still in place and it was. I replaced the chip in recovery mode and the Xbox's LED started to flash yellow. I turn the Xbox off, switch the chip back to normal mode, and it works just fine now. >< I have a feeling this won't last long, as it usually doesn't. I think my chip is crapping out on me after all...