xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Newb With A Xenium Gold  (Read 172 times)

CJLee89

• Archived User
Newb With A Xenium Gold
« on: January 18, 2007, 03:25:00 PM »

QUOTE(hAvOcKaUz3r @ Jan 18 2007, 04:54 PM) View Post

I have a version 1.0 microsoft xbox and I bought a Xenium Gold SP Mod Chip. When I first got it, I installed it and started it up, then the hombrew screen cam up. I went and backed up the two things it tells me to, then I was messing with the settings and made it to where it dont show the homebrew screen at startup and now I can not get it to come back on. The manual that it came with tells me to restart the xbox using the reset button but I could never figure that out, even microsoft didnt know. So now every time I start it up it goes through the xbox startup and then it come to the "Your Xbox requires service" message and has 05 up in the top left hand corner.  I have researched this and could never find out how. Any info would help...thx

error 5 in retial bios is your HDD is unlocked. it needs to be locked to boot retial bios. you will need the XOS to lock it again.

try this GUIDE

CJLee89

• Archived User
Newb With A Xenium Gold
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2007, 03:45:00 PM »

check the d0 connection

CJLee89

• Archived User
Newb With A Xenium Gold
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2007, 03:53:00 PM »

stick with this topic....

it has to have a connection problem somewhere. check the d0 connection and connections on the LPC. make sure the chip is on right. the "X" in "Xenium" is towards the back of the xbox and its on the 12 pins closest to the screw.

let me refrase what I said... When I first installed mine, the led it was red... it booted into XOS I backed up the things I needed to then I unlocked the harddrive then I restarted it then it wouldnt go to the XOS it would only run the xbox startup the go to the system message and cant get back to the XOS to lock it back....

it shouldnt have been red in the first place. to tell you the truth this has me stumped.if it worked before you restarted it should work after implying nothing happened to the connections. try and take the chip and (im assuming) the adaptor. and re-install. you might have to perform a recovery from a disc.

CJLee89

• Archived User
Newb With A Xenium Gold
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2007, 04:23:00 PM »

i think they are talking backing up the EEPROM and your stock HDD. the disc im talkign about is a recovery disc you make from a file.

CJLee89

• Archived User
Newb With A Xenium Gold
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2007, 04:28:00 PM »

you cant boot the XOS from a disc.

d/l that file from the link and burn it to a disc as an image(.iso). put in xbox and turn it off. boot up with disc in drive.

CJLee89

• Archived User
Newb With A Xenium Gold
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2007, 04:42:00 PM »

ok. let me know....

CJLee89

• Archived User
Newb With A Xenium Gold
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2007, 04:58:00 PM »

hmm....either the HDD boots before the DVD drive or the drive is not able to read the media used.

hAvOcKaUz3r

• Archived User
Newb With A Xenium Gold
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2007, 05:09:00 PM »

Would taking out the hdd make the xbox still work but make the cdd read the cd? Or can I do something to the hdd to make the cdd read 1st?

And also those little tube things that came with it to make the chip have a better connection... I couldnt figure out how to get those in.... do you have to desolder all of the old stuff off first or do you hammer them in? I just didnt mess with them..

CJLee89

• Archived User
Newb With A Xenium Gold
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2007, 05:41:00 PM »

QUOTE(hAvOcKaUz3r @ Jan 18 2007, 07:16 PM) View Post

Would taking out the hdd make the xbox still work but make the cdd read the cd? Or can I do something to the hdd to make the cdd read 1st?

And also those little tube things that came with it to make the chip have a better connection... I couldnt figure out how to get those in.... do you have to desolder all of the old stuff off first or do you hammer them in? I just didnt mess with them..

the rivits are for the LPC and they wont fit if the LPC holes have solder in them. i used them but if they dont fit dont worry about them unless you want to desolder and have a risk of frying your xbox.

taking the HDD will cause more problems b/c the xbox will not see it and cause another error. and you cant change the boot sequence.

CJLee89

• Archived User
Newb With A Xenium Gold
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2007, 06:15:00 PM »

to run config magic you will have to have the chip running first.

CJLee89

• Archived User
Newb With A Xenium Gold
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2007, 06:23:00 PM »

if at all possible try another modchip in your xbox. perferrably the same chip.

CJLee89

• Archived User
Newb With A Xenium Gold
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2007, 06:30:00 PM »

how do you know the bios is screwed? dang..even xboxhdm cant lock your HDD b/c you dont have the eeprom.bin file.

im running out of ideas. let Rabid or someone who has the knowledge help you out further.

ScrewinGates

• Archived User
Newb With A Xenium Gold
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2007, 06:40:00 PM »

t also have axenium gold.if all your points(adapter and d0) are on properly.maybe you turned on the quick boot option.if you press power it will boot into your designated dash(in your case the ms dash)if you press reset it will bott the xenium os screen.i hope this helps if not i hope you get it fixed because that chip has been great for me.

CJLee89

• Archived User
Newb With A Xenium Gold
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2007, 06:48:00 PM »

if all else fails. exchange it for another one from wherever you get it.

ScrewinGates

• Archived User
Newb With A Xenium Gold
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2007, 07:04:00 PM »

not to tread on what you already said but are you 100 % that you got the d0 hooked up right.i ask this because when i first got my chip mine used to come loose all the time.i used a very unorthodox method of ensuring mine would stay in place(super glue laugh.gif )also are you using the d0 on the soderless adapter or the wire that hooks to the chip?
Pages: [1] 2