xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Install'd :d Finally  (Read 51 times)

ACharmedMatrix

• Archived User
Install'd :d Finally
« on: April 09, 2006, 07:07:00 PM »

Just put it on any partition you want, then make bios telling the XBOX to boot XBMC, then flash the chip.

JonBOY

• Archived User
Install'd :d Finally
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2006, 08:48:00 PM »

QUOTE(sokignano @ Apr 9 2006, 10:20 PM) View Post

Ok, i've looked around and searched for a tutorial on how to install XBMC as the default dashboard but no luck. Does anyone know where to find a tutorial? or is it as easy as replacing xboxdash.xbe and the other folders too on c: ?

Thank you for your help
Take care and God bless,

Brian

Do not just replace the xboxdash.xbe! xboxdash.xbe is your original MS dash. There are tutes around, I've included a link to the online manual far below. But I've actually messed around with XBMC set ups a bit and heres what I've found works best....

1) Download the latest build of XBMC from the 'the usual places' and extract the .rar file.
2) Open the resulting folder then drag the 'XBMC' folder to your desktop. Anything else in this extracted rar folder you don't need, put it aside or delete it.

3) open the XBMC folder. In here you will see the files 'Xboxmediacenter.xml' and 'default.xbe'. Drag these two files out of this folder onto the desktop. Close the XBMC folder window. Rename 'default.xbe' to something your bios can boot, I recommend evoxdash.xbe as pretty much every bios recognises it. You can check the online manual for more specifics what file names your particular bios can boot if you want.

4) Open the Xboxmediacenter.xml file with notepad or wordpad. edit the fourth line down to look like this;
<home>C:\XBMC\</home>
instead of this;
<home>-</home>

save the changes and exit.

Open up FlashFXP, use the shift key to select the 'XBMC' folder (not the whole 'XBMC-CVS_2006-03-123-T3CH' folder), xboxmediacenter.xml and evoxdash.xbe (or whatever you renamed default.xbe to) and drag these three files onto the ROOT of the C drive in one go.
Note; the two files 'xboxmediacenter.xml' and 'evoxdash.xbe' should NOT be inside the XBMC folder, they should reside along side it. Then boot your hacked bios from Xenium OS.

Jacked up and good to go!!

http://manual.xboxme...BMCAsDash&v=w9z

the latest build has a 're-name me.xbe' patch that you can use to help you install XBMC, I tried using this method but it wouldn't work for me so I scrubbed it and boot the XBMC executable directly. No mess.

Note that there are many different ways to install your desired dash, this is just a straight forward, no mucking around method I use that works perfectly fine.