xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xenium Gold On A V1.5 Xbox Using Pinheader  (Read 23 times)

bebeep89

• Archived User
Xenium Gold On A V1.5 Xbox Using Pinheader
« on: March 26, 2006, 08:36:00 AM »

check out aweirdguy's xboxchopshop and order some 30 ga. wire.

JonBOY

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2006, 12:17:00 AM »

In your GOLD SP  kit you should have received a removable d0 plug. This little white plug is for use when performing pinheader installs (mine's also pinheader) and plugs into the small socket on the rim of the gold chip. The plug should have 1 x blue wire and 1 x black wire coming off it. the blue wire is the d0 wire which you  obviously have to solder to the d0 via, whlist the black wire is for v1.5 installs like yours and has to be grounded (if I remember correctly) to a screw hole. If you didn't receive the little white plug with the two wires in your kit then email the supplier and see if they'll send you one.

mrjkwik

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2006, 02:43:00 PM »

isnt the whole 1.5 thing still a debate, as to if it actually exists?  i dont know, something i was told when i first started a couple years ago because i thought mine was a 1.5.  but works like a 1.4 and didnt need the extra soldering.  

just do a continuity test from bottom of board to top of pins on pinheader, "just in case".  not trying to insult your dad's soldering skill, but better safe than sorry.

i also still used both wires on the loom.  blue to d0 as mentioned, and black is just on the ground spot where the screws are.

you may also wanna try and burn a recovery disc just in case the os is corrupted.

appleguru

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2006, 05:12:00 PM »

QUOTE(mrjkwik @ Apr 4 2006, 04:50 PM) View Post

isnt the whole 1.5 thing still a debate, as to if it actually exists?  i dont know, something i was told when i first started a couple years ago because i thought mine was a 1.5.  but works like a 1.4 and didnt need the extra soldering.  

just do a continuity test from bottom of board to top of pins on pinheader, "just in case".  not trying to insult your dad's soldering skill, but better safe than sorry.

i also still used both wires on the loom.  blue to d0 as mentioned, and black is just on the ground spot where the screws are.

you may also wanna try and burn a recovery disc just in case the os is corrupted.

Yeah... 1.5s don't exist. I'll give $1000 for the first person that sends me an untouched 1.5 wink.gif

mrjkwik

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2006, 11:06:00 PM »

yep, pretty much sounds like the same offer i was told 2 years ago  smile.gif  

so there you have it icarusblade, dont waste your time with that extra soldering. doublecheck your lpc for top to bottom continuity, and try to recover os.

good luck

JonBOY

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2006, 12:30:00 AM »

if he's going pinheader install he'll still need to use the little white removable d0 plug and solder the blue wire to teh d0 via, if 1.5s really are a myth then he just doesn't have to worry about soldering the black wire to the ground, just tape that badboy up like I did with mine so it doesn't arc on something its not supposed to.