xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Major Help! Xenium Spice Chip  (Read 23 times)

SegmentationFault

• Archived User
Major Help! Xenium Spice Chip
« on: November 03, 2005, 09:43:00 AM »

Do you have the chip on the adapter the right way? It could be backwards, or the chip could be bad.

acemilo

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2005, 11:17:00 AM »

The chip is fine, your adapter isn't alligned, plain and simple (one of those 5 red lights should shut off it were right).  I highly suggest either soldering it or paying someone to solder it for you.  Other than that your only other option is to keep trying to allign it.

wahman143

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2005, 11:32:00 AM »

QUOTE(skaterbasist @ Nov 3 2005, 05:36 AM)
Im also wondering if my black base is defective because instead of having 12 connector things on the black base, it only has 11. Somebody please help me! I appreciate every comment.

You talking about the pogos on the BOTTOM of the adapter or the pinheaders on the TOP of the adapter?  If the bottom, that's fine...if the top, you may have an issue with the adapter.

Also, make sure the X on the chip is facing the BACK of the xbox when you mount it on the adapter.  The 2nd furthest light from the chip (out on the elongated section of the white PCB) should go out when you install the chip.  As you have stated, it is not going out, so make sure the adapter is nice and tight on the LPC.

If you power the box up without the chip mounted on the adapter, what happens?

skaterbasist

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2005, 07:00:00 PM »

Ok guys I appreciated every suggestion you give me, but i wasnt specific before so let me clerify this issue.

After receiving my xenium spice chip, i joined the black base with the white part. I had said before that i thought i was missing a couple of pins on my adapter, but i was wrong. The adapters look just fine. After installing the adapter and 5 golden wires to my xbox, I powered my xbox to check the contacts (without my HD or dvd drive installed, nor any connections other than the power) and the 5 contacts were fine (all 5 leds lit up). Then i inserted my chip onto the adapter with the letters facing the end of the xbox (the letters were facing the xbox with the side panel that is just like 1/4 of an inch away). I then powered my xbox, it restarted 3 times in 3 seconds, then the xbox LED continoiusly flashed red and green. I tried switching the switch on the chip, didnt make a difference. I then installed 3 rivits on the lpc (i dont know why i only tried 3), that also didnt make a difference. The xeniums led was red, including all the 5 contact leds. and just to make sure it wasnt working, i pluged in my standard av to my tv to see if i was getting a picture, but there wasnt any picture or sound.

Will installing rivits to all the holes in the LPC help solve my problem? And with what can i clean my LPC? Can I use a cotton swab(Q TIP) with a little bit of rubbing alcohol to clean my LPC?

IM OPEN TO ANY SUGGESTIONS!!!
Thank you all.

skaterbasist

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2005, 08:08:00 PM »

*NOTE* : The lower part of the black base that has the really short pins that plugs into the LPC has 10 pins, while the upper part of the black base (which plugs into the white part that has the 5 wires) has 11 long pins.

pezzar

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2005, 12:00:00 PM »

ideally use a fibre glass prep pen and some rubbing alcohol. ensure the adapter lines up correctly and you get 5 leds lit without the chip. fit the chip the 2nd led should go out
confirm this first

skaterbasist

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2005, 08:37:00 PM »

Ok i had enough of that crap, its so frustrating.

If i use the Pin Header method for a 1.6 xbox, What do i need to do? Is there soldering involved and rebuilding of the LPC?

acemilo

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2005, 11:56:00 AM »

QUOTE(skaterbasist @ Nov 5 2005, 04:44 AM)
Ok i had enough of that crap, its so frustrating.