xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xenium Os Changed Flash Drive Format!  (Read 27 times)

paradigmapc

• Archived User
Xenium Os Changed Flash Drive Format!
« on: October 27, 2005, 03:19:00 PM »

About a year ago, I was upgrading my executer bios in Xenium OS for my Xenium ICE chip. I used the flash drive method. All went well. Then I tried to plug the flash drive back into windows and linux, but it could not read the drive. In windows the drive comes up in my computer, but displays the size as 0KB. I tried to reformat the drive by right clicking and selecting format, but nothing happens. I also tried to go to, control panel, admin tools, disc management, but the drive does not even show up in there. Next, I tried to use active kill disk, but it couldnt find the drive on my computer. Then I tried the HP USB Disk Drive Format Utility. It found the drive, but gave me an error saying their was no media present. After my windows attempts failed I tried to use linux to see if maybe it could atleast read the bad partitions and get rid of them. Let me just say, I am not a genius in linux. When I would insert the drive tail -f /var/log/messages would show the drive being registered and it had its correct name. THen I tried fdisk /dev/sdc and it said could not read partition tables. Next I tried sfdisk /dev/sdc and it asked me the questions to remove and creat a new partition table and I did so, but received an error on the head number I started each time. Anyways, to the main point, If I insert the drive into the xbox and boot Xenium OS and try to add a new bios from flash. It still reads the flash drive properly. Why can Xenium OS read my flash drive but nothing else? Have any of you ever had this problem? Do you have any suggestion on how to fix my flash drive? Any suggestion at all would help. I dont really care about the flash drive anymore, its just become a matter of beating the flash drive.

Thanx