xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Installing The S.p.ice On A 1.0-1.4 Xbox  (Read 112 times)

Jeff_Kruger

• Archived User
Installing The S.p.ice On A 1.0-1.4 Xbox
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2005, 12:21:00 AM »

sad.gif

Jeff_Kruger

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2005, 01:54:00 AM »

k i solved some of my own problems already i was told that the chip goes on the 12 pins closest to the front of the box (furthest from the screw) and i did that and i turned on my box and got absolutly no lights at all from the mod chip the light around the eject button however was flashing green and orange or w/e the colors are and i was wondering what i did wrong or if its the chip also a new question was were does the USB port go and how do i install it?

Jeff_Kruger

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2005, 01:58:00 AM »

sorry about yet another post found the USB thing but i am still having the other problems

wesk18

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2005, 05:57:00 PM »

i did the tutorial but it still doesnt work for me

Help me out here someone....

well i got the xenium spice today i check all the guides but none of them has work for my motherboard
i have a version 1.0 it says kernel 3944 on the mother board so i am guessing it is a 1.0...
what do i have to do?
i try everything
what are the steps for my version of motherboard
i read one that u dont need to put the little board one with the four gold wire

what  i did was just put the black thing with all pins to the lpc then put the do wire to the one the guide says to put then i just put in the xenium chip like it says i turn on my xbox it turns off and on like two or three nothing comes up in the screen

i did the other way put black thing first the this white with four wires then i from their i dont know where to put those wires because the clear plate i dont wear to put because in the guide it says to put it on top of a chip but mine mother board doesn't looks like the one in the guide
then i just randomly connected the wires near the wires but no luck

help me out here
what am i doing wrong or what do i need to do
i really dont want to use solder here..

cnanextel

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2005, 09:46:00 PM »

great info biggrin.gif

swaben

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2005, 12:13:00 AM »

QUOTE(theemrsweets @ Jun 26 2005, 12:12 PM) View Post

When I power up the box, the red light on the chip comes on, then the xbox beeps and turns itself off.  It does this one more time, then powers itself on, with the xbox light flashing red and green.  Above this is said tyo be caused by a bad connection to the lpc port, but I have checked this and redone it over and over 30+ times.  Any suggestion?  Any help would be greatly appreiciated.  Thank you

I have the exact same problem as this.  Anyone come up with a sollution?

Supa-ru

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2006, 05:02:00 AM »

QUOTE(Jeff_Kruger @ Sep 4 2005, 09:01 AM) View Post

k i solved some of my own problems already i was told that the chip goes on the 12 pins closest to the front of the box (furthest from the screw) and i did that and i turned on my box and got absolutly no lights at all from the mod chip the light around the eject button however was flashing green and orange or w/e the colors are and i was wondering what i did wrong or if its the chip

I'm in the same boat, do I keep all the pins in the adapter? or do i need to remove some as to match that of those in the other installation guides...  I have a v1.0 xbox with the Gold chip.   thanks!

appleguru

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2006, 06:09:00 PM »

QUOTE(Supa-ru @ Jul 28 2006, 07:09 AM) View Post

I'm in the same boat, do I keep all the pins in the adapter? or do i need to remove some as to match that of those in the other installation guides...  I have a v1.0 xbox with the Gold chip.   thanks!

No, no... no need to remove any pins. Just put the chip on the correct location on the header. Some pins will remain unused. The chip goes on the pins furthest from the screw hole.

appleguru

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2006, 09:04:00 PM »

QUOTE(darkS0ULslayer @ Jul 29 2006, 12:42 PM) View Post

well i'm having the problem of the xbox going frag, while the lcd lights up, or the xbox would boot up with the chip lighting up red to the regular xbox screen... i put all the gold rivets in bottom up farthest away from hole n yet i'm still clueless...  someone please help... i had gotten it yesterday n got so far but then hit a brick wall

Sounds like d0 isn;t making a good connection to me.. check your d0 wire wink.gif

VerbalVenom

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2006, 11:09:00 AM »

Try booting w/out dvd drive and push the chip down. With the x3 I installed, when the xbox was moved it'd get out of place. the fix for me was to push the chip down while tightening the screw. After that it was all fine. If pushing the chip down works, then the problems obviously the LPC not getting good contact. Also use something that's not conductive lmao. I never touched a chip with my bare hands with the xbox on because it's the sane thing to do. Good luck. Also had a question that I thought I posted yesterday but it's not on the topic. With the xapt3r I have in that xbox now, would I be able to remove it safely without messing up the d0 trace? Thanks.

Navillos

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2006, 02:59:00 PM »

whoa darksoulslayer you didnt force the pin in the d0 did you? if so it sounds like you killed the connection of the d0 between the top and bottom of the board. you will have to fill it in with solder to bridge the connection back. i did it on a 1.4 xbox and had to wick the hole as well. at that point i just soldered in the chip and i will never go back to solderless.
Pages: 1 [2]