xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Installing The S.p.ice On A 1.0-1.4 Xbox  (Read 113 times)

appleguru

• Archived User
Installing The S.p.ice On A 1.0-1.4 Xbox
« on: May 31, 2005, 06:43:00 PM »

Thanks to Rabid1 for writing this this guide, I'm just reposting for those of us here. Original post here:

http://teamxodus.com...iewtopic&t=8009
-------------------

I am sure someone will post a better guide with clearer pic's but i figured enough people have asked about it it might save some redundant questions.

Sorry for the picture quality, I am sure somebody will come up with a better guide in time.

Installing the solderless portion of the new TeamXodus SP solderless solution.

I take no responsibility for a fubar Xbox using this guide. The decision to mod is yours; this is just to help you get there. Never work on your Xbox with the power cord still attached. Never move the chip or adapter with the cord attached and/or the power on.

This is a quick guide and assumes you have read Caps Iceguide or some surely lesser guide, and are familiar with opening the Xbox case and identifying your motherboard version and d0 point. I have used a 1.4 for the examples.

Since the new solderless has not come out separately you will need the following from the SP bundle: the thick smaller washer, black screw, rivets (optional), and the solderless adapter.

user posted image

Initially the default bend on the d0 hook from the factory looks like this.

user posted image

I have bent enough of these to do it in my sleep and getting as close to this as you can before you start will help.

user posted image

Remember the d0 hook is a little fragile so do not use a plier to just torque the wire. Gripping the wire gently near the adapter with a pair of needle nose and using your fingers to shape the wire.

There are two ways to place the adapter. Before you put the adapter in place put the smaller, thick washer into the slot on the screw end of the adapter. The first way to set the adapter is to place the d0 in the via and then carefully pull the adapter to the LPC, and with one finger press the adapter into place and screw down the adapter using the black screw with the other hand. The second is to place the adapter on the LPC, screw it down and gently pull the wire hook to the d0 via. Once it is in place it will look like this.

user posted image

Once you have placed the chip on the pins with the X of Xenium facing the back of the case, reconnect the HD, DVD, video, controller, and power cord. Power up and if all is well you will see this, along with the Xenium OS menu on your TV.

user posted image

Congratulations, you’re done. Carefully attach the external LED, if you wish, unplug and put your case back together.

Here are some troubleshooting basics:

Red Xenium LED and boot the MSdash – bad connection on the d0, check the tension and contact with the d0 via on the d0 hook, test the continuity of the d0 hook to pin 4.

Red Xenium LED and FRAG(flashing red and green) – bad contact on the LPC, make sure the adapter is aligned well on the LPC, check to make sure none of the pogo pins are stuck in the compressed position. Use the optional rivets if necessary; make sure to lay them out exactly the way the pins layout on the adapter.

-Rabid1

thebroken

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2005, 08:51:00 PM »

good guide and teh pictures look fine

chipotlee

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2005, 10:08:00 PM »

nice tutorial but the link doesnt work how to take apart your xbox http://www.midsouthmods.com/iceguide  sad.gif  i know im a noob lol

appleguru

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2005, 10:35:00 PM »

QUOTE(chipotlee @ Jun 1 2005, 12:19 AM)
nice tutorial but the link doesnt work how to take apart your xbox http://www.midsouthmods.com/iceguide  :(  i know im a noob lol

cap269 has been.. sick lately, looks like his site wasn't renewed.. In any case, grab the PDF version here:

http://www.teamxodus.com/modules.php?name=...op=getit&lid=41

Reaper527

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2005, 06:23:00 PM »

QUOTE(chipotlee @ Jun 1 2005, 06:19 AM)
nice tutorial but the link doesnt work how to take apart your xbox http://www.midsouthmods.com/iceguide  :(  i know im a noob lol

basically, you flip the xbox upside down so your looking at the feet. there is a torx20 screw under each of the 4 feet. there is another screw under the sticker with the serial on it (if you push with your thumb on the screwdriver, you will see an indent where the screw hole is, just go through the sticker with the screwdriver) and there will also be a 6th screw where the electrical shock sticker is. take all these screws out, and put your xbox right side up.

the top piece will now lift off.

you will be looking at your harddrive and dvd drive, disconnect the IDE cable from the hard drive, and you will see a torx10 screw in between the harddrive tray and dvd drive tray. take this out. your harddrive will now lift out.

there will be 2 torx 10 screws holding your dvd drive down. they are at the front of the system. just kind of get over it and look down and you can't miss them. after taking those 2 screws out, your dvd drive will lift out (just make sure you disconnect the yellow power cable and ide cable)

your now looking at your motherboard.

theemrsweets

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2005, 11:12:00 AM »

When I power up the box, the red light on the chip comes on, then the xbox beeps and turns itself off.  It does this one more time, then powers itself on, with the xbox light flashing red and green.  Above this is said tyo be caused by a bad connection to the lpc port, but I have checked this and redone it over and over 30+ times.  Any suggestion?  Any help would be greatly appreiciated.  Thank you

ThugPlayer05

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2005, 12:45:00 AM »

check if you plugged the chip in the right way.  The first time I put it in I put it the opposite way.  I was such an idiot.  I ralized it when I looked at the picture on the install guide.

theemrsweets

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2005, 06:21:00 PM »

i put it the right way.  no dice.  thanks though

Paintbait

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2005, 06:47:00 PM »

I am exeriencing the same exact error. Bad chip maybe? What with the red Modchip LED and the FRAG XB error, after I've tried pretty much everything myself and my other friends who have this chip suscessfully installed can think of.

huzyrdadi

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2005, 06:41:00 PM »

Thanks.  This worked for me.

forevernoob

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2005, 08:29:00 AM »

This guide in conjunction with Cap's guide worked great for me.  It took me about ten minutes to figure out that the D0 wire wasn't going to fit in the hole.  But after I realized that I only had to make it contact everything worked out fine.  

I modded a 1.3 Xbox for reference.

monkey86

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2005, 04:28:00 PM »

ah man! a super dooper thanks for the guide! i was racking my brain huh.gif  tryin to figure out where those four copper wires went (considerin im moddin a v1 xbox. simplest answers r usually the right ones. thanks alot apple guru!!! i salute u!  beerchug.gif

Soylent

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2005, 01:10:00 AM »

QUOTE(theemrsweets @ Jun 26 2005, 02:16 PM)
When I power up the box, the red light on the chip comes on, then the xbox beeps and turns itself off.  It does this one more time, then powers itself on, with the xbox light flashing red and green.  Above this is said tyo be caused by a bad connection to the lpc port, but I have checked this and redone it over and over 30+ times.  Any suggestion?  Any help would be greatly appreiciated.  Thank you

When I chipped my Xbox I got the same error due to a flakey D0 connection, though I was on a 1.6b Xbox. You might check that D0 is well connected, all the same.

Folonex

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2005, 07:13:00 AM »

Nice guide helped me a lot, now my uncle accidently got the combo package for his v1.2 xbox, not sure if thats what you buy or seperate. But is there a guide for installing the USB that comes with it?

Sorry for the noob question but I did search and can't find any information.

appleguru

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2005, 09:59:00 AM »

QUOTE(Folonex @ Aug 10 2005, 09:17 AM)
Nice guide helped me a lot, now my uncle accidently got the combo package for his v1.2 xbox, not sure if thats what you buy or seperate. But is there a guide for installing the USB that comes with it?

Sorry for the noob question but I did search and can't find any information.

It just slides in a controller port ;) See this post for details:

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?sho...dpost&p=1955711
Pages: [1] 2