xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Xenium Os 2.0.0  (Read 388 times)

jingjing

• Archived User
Xenium Os 2.0.0
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2004, 04:14:00 PM »

Don't know what I might be doing wrong,  I had v2.0 beta 2 and tried to upgrade to ver 2.0.0.  Placed recovery.bin file in E:\ and also in C:\, flashes green for about a 1 min and then to a solid red.  Reboot and the screens says Welcome to Public Bata 2?  What gives?

appleguru

• Archived User
Xenium Os 2.0.0
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2004, 04:22:00 PM »

Try unlocking your HDD. If that doesn't work, then just burn it. (BTW, on 1.6s it is currently necessary to unlock the hdd before attempting a n HDD update.)

jingjing

• Archived User
Xenium Os 2.0.0
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2004, 04:24:00 PM »

Did that.  No go?  Man I hate burning disc.  Its such a wip.

jingjing

• Archived User
Xenium Os 2.0.0
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2004, 04:40:00 PM »

Nope.  CD doesn't work either.  Any ideas?

Edit... Ok as usaual, dumba$$.  Never did get the HDD ver working, tried to burn CD, didn't work ( this is the dumba$$ part )  create a disk with the iso ver, don't try to create a disc with the hdd ver.  Every thing works great if you do it correctly.  Let this be a leason.  Don't be a dumba$$.

Master-Chief

• Archived User
Xenium Os 2.0.0
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2004, 04:47:00 PM »

wink.gif

appleguru

• Archived User
Xenium Os 2.0.0
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2004, 04:48:00 PM »

Are you  getting any error messages on screen? What are your chip's and Eject LEDs doing?

green_beetle

• Archived User
Xenium Os 2.0.0
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2004, 05:41:00 PM »

QUOTE (hardwoodfloorgi @ Sep 27 2004, 08:25 AM)
Hello everyone, I updated to 2.0.0 final from beta 2 ver 2 this morning with the iso. One thing that suprised me was that the rar download file was 984 kb's and when unrared it was 331 mb's talking about compression!.

There are 2 files in the rar, The OS file and a "dummy file". The dummy file is there to use space on the cd as often the xbox wont read a cd if it isnt large enough.

Artifex

• Archived User
Xenium Os 2.0.0
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2004, 10:52:00 PM »

QUOTE (NghtShd @ Sep 26 2004, 04:30 PM)
Another problem. The files on my F partition don't show. Does OS2 look for the superblock for partition 7 to determine if there is one? That would lead to false positives sometimes.

Edit:

Well, after adding some files to my X. Y, and Z parttitions to verify that listings worked on those all networking broke. Switching back to dynamic IP fixed the dead network. Now it's set to static again and working.

Weird.

Edit again:

Ok, when I ftped those files over (as mentioned above) I was using my dashboard's ftpd. I decided to do the xfer using 0S2's server and got a kernel panic and reboot after starting the xfer of a 500k file to X. The file did transfer and NOW it's working (I can transfer stuff to X, Y, and Z--still no files on F, though).

Hi nghtshd...

The eeprom problem is strange.... any chance you'd be willing to send me a dump of that eeprom for poking-at?

As for the F problems... how was the drive partitioned?

--Arti

mantra666

• Archived User
Xenium Os 2.0.0
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2004, 11:36:00 PM »

I have a 1.1 xbox and tried the hdd methoth it just gives me an error message and then halts trien the iso method with the dummy file and does the same thing halts. I have have tried with the hard drive locked and unlocked. Any ideas?

Blown 89

• Archived User
Xenium Os 2.0.0
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2004, 01:22:00 AM »

Tried the HDD method.  The screen immediately goes black and the box shuts itself off.  WTF?

NghtShd

• Archived User
Xenium Os 2.0.0
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2004, 01:38:00 AM »

QUOTE (Artifex @ Sep 27 2004, 01:55 AM)
Hi nghtshd...

The eeprom problem is strange.... any chance you'd be willing to send me a dump of that eeprom for poking-at?

As for the F problems... how was the drive partitioned?

--Arti

I'd be glad too send the eeprom dump. Shouldn't I still have options to restore the eeprom regardless of the contents, though? Seems like that's the whole point =).

RE: partitioning. I don't recall now. I know I've partitioned it using XBpartitioner in the past, but the last time I formatted this drive I don't think I did. Not sure, though. It's partitioned as one large partition 6, and it works fine with X2, Evox, and Ind BIOSes. It's just in Xenium OS that it isn't showing files. How do you distinguish between 06 and 67 schemes, because I've had the disk partitioned both ways. It's mostly empty, so I know the old partition 7 superblock is still there, so if XOS looked for that to see if there was a G it would find it even though it isn't used.

IMBigWillie

• Archived User
Xenium Os 2.0.0
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2004, 07:12:00 AM »

I am having a problem with the built in webserver.  It is saying there is no default.asp.  I am running a xbox 1.6.

Tycho333

• Archived User
Xenium Os 2.0.0
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2004, 02:01:00 PM »

Seems as though everbody is having issues upgrading form OS2 beta 2 using the HDD method.  Sounds like a good plan to hold off.  Im sticking with the beta for now.

thegameguru

• Archived User
Xenium Os 2.0.0
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2004, 02:35:00 PM »

QUOTE (Tycho333 @ Sep 27 2004, 10:04 PM)
Seems as though everbody is having issues upgrading form OS2 beta 2 using the HDD method.  Sounds like a good plan to hold off.  Im sticking with the beta for now.

FYI I did two OS2 beta upgrades to OS2 final via the HD method without any issue..

1 on a 1.1 xbox and the other on a 1.6

Both were Xenium Ice chips.

I noticed one bug though.. for some reason flashing via SMB to a PC share I could only see maybe half the files and subdirectories on my PC's xbox tools folder that I share out.

That wasnt there before under the OS2 beta I used to be able to see all the files and folders.

Also joystick response with a controller extension cable attached is very dodgy...sometimes you get 2 characters sometimes you have to press multiple times to get the input recognized..

I'm pretty sure thats new as I dont recall that being the case before.

**edit**

just read someone else with the same joystick response issue.. it does appear to be related to having joystick in controller 2..

once I removed all but controller 1 it was back to normal.

kurisu

• Archived User
Xenium Os 2.0.0
« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2004, 07:24:00 PM »

rolleyes.gif   tongue.gif   laugh.gif

cool.gif
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5