xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Successful Install On 1.6 Console!  (Read 474 times)

Master-Chief

• Archived User
Successful Install On 1.6 Console!
« on: July 09, 2004, 01:06:00 PM »

Hey guys,

My friends had a 1.6 Xbox and I told them to get a Xenium, so they did. I have a Xenium installed pin header method so I put his Xenium in my Xbox and flashed OS2 on his chip. Then I had some fragging issues. I rechecked all my points and resoldered the pin headers and it worked! Booted up OS2 and flashed EvoX M8_16. Installed UnleashX and all apps and now my friends are happy campers. By the way, I soldered LFRAME to Ground on the motherboard like everyone said. I didn't even bother to solder it to d0 on chip.  wink.gif
And the Xenium install wasn't too hard. NOT EVEN CLOSE to a PS2 mod-chip install (I never did one before, but I have seen someone do it)!

Bwsk8

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2004, 01:37:00 PM »

It worked without a d0? I didnt think that is possible.

Master-Chief

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2004, 02:02:00 PM »

The LFRAME is considered the d0. I just grounded it like everyone said to do.  wink.gif

bucko

• Recovered User
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2004, 02:10:00 PM »

n1

xboxhackcrack

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2004, 05:06:00 PM »

can you take pics? My 1.1 board died, and I bought a new box. Right now I am dead in the water since it is a v 1.6 and I have no clue how to solder such tiny ass points w/o messing up my whole new box.

Master-Chief

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2004, 04:06:00 AM »

The d0 in the diagrams taht says to connect to d0 on the chip will not work...

What you do is solder one end of the wire to the d0 to the point specified on the 1.6 diagrams and solder the other end of it to ground on the motherboard (the metal donut around screw holes). The diagrams said solder the d0 on the motherboard to the d0 on the chip, but others said that it fragged the Xbox.

LFRAME = d0 (basically)

silentsnake

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2004, 08:59:00 AM »

lets see some pics  !

TSOPrano

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2004, 09:32:00 AM »

I got a few pics but they are a little blurred for I was into getting it working rather than taking pics... my mod right after though I got lots of pics smile.gif Cheapmod on a 1.3...

prplehz: Evox gives you a 1MB file, if im not mistaken, but I don't think that really does extract one... I got mine from the usual place we don't talk about.

I'll crack open the box and take some pics.

TSOPrano

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2004, 10:32:00 AM »

EDIT: made a complete n00b guide... had to lose the big pics to upload it.

PDF format click here

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

MicroChip

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2004, 02:30:00 PM »

Are any of you using the Xenium/OSv2pre on a 1.6 and using the HDTV adapter to hook  up to your television?  I read that the beta of OS2 didn't work with HDTV adapter and don't want to do the install until it's confirmed to work.  I have 42" widescreen HDTV and hook up using component video cables.

Thanks!
MC

brahm2

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2004, 02:36:00 PM »

hey TSOPrano, nice pics.. gives me a better idea of what I'm in for when someone finally shows up at my house with a 1.6!

silentsnake

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2004, 02:47:00 PM »

QUOTE (brahm2 @ Jul 10 2004, 11:36 PM)
hey TSOPrano, nice pics.. gives me a better idea of what I'm in for when someone finally shows up at my house with a 1.6!

lol I am thinking the same thing.

Master-Chief

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2004, 07:59:00 AM »

cool.gif

Nice pics TSOPrano... I didn't know the SmartXX Diagrams worked for the Xenium!  tongue.gif

xboxhackcrack

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2004, 12:46:00 PM »

Very nice, but it looks totally different than what the xenium site says to do, and where the heck is your D0 wire? (I am still probly going to follow your way of doing it since I have heard the xenium way is sory of wrong but I still want my question ansewered

Ace25

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2004, 02:27:00 PM »

Maybe this will clear up a little confusion. I am still not sure about the topside D0 so here is what I did.

Followed the Xodus 1.6 Install Pic for bottom side and top side D0. That got the frag issue obviously.

Then, the only other thing I did was to look at the SmartXX picture for their D0 (LFrame) and soldered a wire from that point on the bottom to the ground pad on the bottom next to the LPC points. I didnt run the wire through the hole to the topside like the pics show. After that the 1.6 booted just fine.. now I have the drive size issue (not seeing over 137G)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5