xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbox Fragging?  (Read 25 times)

marksu

• Archived User
Xbox Fragging?
« on: April 13, 2004, 07:20:00 AM »

Bad soldering on install I would presume.

I would send it back to where it was premodded. I presume intaller gives some kind of garantie, if failure happens in short time.

Master-Chief

• Archived User
Xbox Fragging?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2004, 12:12:00 PM »

Yeah, same here... ine can load the Xenium OS, but it will frag!

Master-Chief

• Archived User
Xbox Fragging?
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2004, 02:03:00 PM »

QUOTE (thedonger @ Apr 13 2004, 05:34 PM)
Yeah I think I need to return it ti the Seller,  But I've been trying to do that since thursday of last week and they seem to be AWOL or something.  They have not answered the phone or responded to emails.

If any one know the xbox-wired folks give them a kick in the pants and tell them I'm gatting close to contacting my credit card company to revoke the purchase that way.  mad.gif

I prefer to do it the frendly way but....

Does yours load the Xenium OS though?

marksu

• Archived User
Xbox Fragging?
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2004, 07:36:00 AM »

thedonger propably bad soldering on install, but did you check if it is a clone?
Xenium clones having a habit of stop working after a while.
EDIT: ahh it did work when been warm, ... smells like bad soldering

Check it here

RandomGuy0101

• Archived User
Xbox Fragging?
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2004, 09:38:00 AM »

Hey i recently revieved the xbox I ordered from xbox wired and it is acting up and they wont return my calls or emails either....this sux

thedonger

• Archived User
Xbox Fragging?
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2004, 08:25:00 AM »

did you check if it is a clone?

Yup, last night broke the box open, it was my first time, and its the real thing.  Checked all the dots and stuff in the pictures.

So I guess I must have gotten a bad soder job.

I ordered it as a pre mod system and Xbox-wired is awol so how can I get it fixed?  I'm a little scared to try and remove the chip and re-install it myself.

JoePo

• Archived User
Xbox Fragging?
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2004, 10:50:00 AM »

I kind of had this problem before, and I still do, only less frequently.  If the xbox was warm everything would work fine, but on cold boots all I could get is xenium OS and original bios, and would frag on picking any other bios.  

I think my problem is a lose connection somewhere, but I'm not sure where.  It seems like I can fix the problem sometimes by lightly shaking my xbox, or just lifting it up and setting it back down lightly.  I think my chip slowly pushes itself out of the pins on the pinheader.  

I could also fix it sometimes by running an original xbox game w/ the original bios, then rebooting.  So I'm not sure if the movement of the disc drive spinning helps cause the chip to slip back into place, or if running an original game fixes some kinda software conflict somehow.  

In either case I can get my box to boot within a minute usually, but it is still damn annoying.

Perplexer

• Recovered User
Xbox Fragging?
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2004, 04:41:00 AM »

Cold solder joint.

I would continue to try contacting the seller.  However, if you are unable to reach them and want to resolve this yourself, then do the following:

Get some paste flux and apply it to each of the LPC points.  Then heat up your soldering iron and heat up each LPC point until the solder is molten and reflows.  No need to add any solder.

Make sure you heat both the LPC point and the pin/wire at the same time.  Don't apply heat for more than two seconds per point.

thedonger

• Archived User
Xbox Fragging?
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2004, 07:24:00 AM »

I have gotten a hold of the seller and he is going to fix things.  Seems he was just out of office for a week because of other issues.

Lets hope it come back working this time.