xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: Did Someone Sell You A FAKE Xenium? Post Your  (Read 579 times)

sp1200

• Archived User
Did Someone Sell You A FAKE Xenium? Post Your
« on: March 18, 2004, 01:48:00 PM »

wow, i thought they had always been a reputable dealer, they are listed as an official reseller for xecuter chips arent they?

GodCoolin

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2004, 01:54:00 PM »

yeah thats what I thought too, they had someoutstanding service, with phone calls and I got my chip the next day but to bad it was fake by looking at the pics. All 5 things were exactly like the pics said
No Do mark
No cap X in ozxodus
blue switch
cheap led
gold solder points
they were listed as a xenium official dealer as well!!!!!!!!
I thought I was safe going through them, I just hope the didnt know they were fakes and willing to fix their mistake.

rahula

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2004, 01:55:00 PM »

I guess reseller may not know what chip is real or fake until they got them or may be knowingly order them. I believe you should contact ozxodus instead of naming the reseller here. Does the fake one work? function like a real xenium?  I remember I got messiah2 fake one from HK reseller for my ps2 and it works until I sold the system and the guy wanna update to DMS3 and told I got fake chip. So I refunded him $20 to settled the case. Since people know chipping is making money and try to get piece of it. I guess. "sigh"  sad.gif

sp1200

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2004, 02:17:00 PM »

maybe contact them about it, they have an outstanding track record, i bought my first 4 wire ps1 chip from them waaay back, im fairly positive they wouldnt knowingly sell clones... but if they are listed as an official reseller, then thats wierd that they have clones...

rahula

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2004, 02:26:00 PM »

No. don't install the fake one yet if you are going to get a replacement or refund don't do that .I just wondering cuz in my case I didn't even know that I got fake one cuz it function the same way. I wouldn't knowingly install fake one.

xBaNaNaEv0LuTiOnx

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2004, 04:06:00 PM »

QUOTE (sp1200 @ Mar 19 2004, 12:17 AM)
but if they are listed as an official reseller, then thats wierd that they have clones...

according to the ozxodus site (www.ozxodus.com), i do not see them listed anywhere as an official reseller. only divineo, modwiz, and modchipman. correct me if i'm wrong.

Relayer

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2004, 04:08:00 PM »

http://www.ozxodus.c...pic&p=4674#4674

Looks like the fakes are not as reliable as the cloners want everyone to beleive!

If it was me and i was sold it as a Real Xenium and they wont give you a real one then I would be contacting your credit card company for a Fraud Reversal.

GodCoolin

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2004, 04:38:00 PM »

Well I have yet to recieve any word back from them, if I get no word by tomorrow around 3 alaska time I will be reporting them to my bank and getting my money back. Then I will go order either another executer or another xenium.

HSDEMONZ

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2004, 05:34:00 PM »

I have 3 of the FAKES.  They do not perform on par with the real chip. 2 of the fakes I have don't boot reliably at all.

Problem include LAG, BAD MEMORY, and STUTTERING BOOTS.  Fitting a real Xenium fixed all of these issues.

Anyone who suspects they have a fake.. RMA it and get you money back.  They buy only from one of the listed official resellers lists on www.OZXODUS.COM site.

Saving a few bucks is not worth this headache. Avoid the FAKES.

Cargasm

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2004, 05:40:00 PM »

The guys that run www.modchip.ca live right here in my city.  I deal directly with them face to face and I just got off the phone with them.  They said they were unaware of the fakes in their supply until now, and appropriate measures will be taken to remedy the problem.  These guys are really nice and reputable and I highly doubt they will try and screw people over.

master enolc

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2004, 10:02:00 PM »

There seems to be some major panicing in the Ozxdous camp right now,it will be good to see the feed back from genuine people that have the clones and not just biased people that get free chips etc like the moderators here etc who will say what ever they feel and not just give the facts.
I thought this whole forum was for factual stuff not just bullshit from a few lame people who won't earn money from the clone chips etc.
This situation has turned everything on its head as these chips seem to be 100% working etc and even better quality than the offical ones.
The gold plating shows how much thought has gone into these as the pcb quality is much better than the offical one(i have the offical one here as well).
I am happy to do a full review on the forum and give a totaly unbiased approach to the these!

1. tested on on v1.4 xbox
2. fitted chip using the LPC pin header adaptor,LED working to show its fitted OK!
3. Came with os 1.0 so i upgraded using the official os 1.1,upgraded fine with no(LAG! lol).
4. burned bios cd's as stated on the Ozoxdus site(ev0xd7 and xecuter2).
5. Loaded both bios's onto the chip without any problems(256m versions).
6. Selected xecuter2 bios to use and then booted new james bond game(a real favourite of mine!).
7. Game loaded without stutter etc(maybe this guy had a shagged disc or loader as its a common xbox problem).
8. Played the game for around 2 hours without a problem,got up this morning and loaded it up again without any problems.
9. Very happy and saved a few $$$'s!
10. Still have the offical chip here and will use it in another xbox my friend has!

LepPpeR

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2004, 10:10:00 PM »

QUOTE (master enolc @ Mar 19 2004, 03:02 AM)
There seems to be some major panicing in the Ozxdous camp right now,it will be good to see the feed back from genuine people that have the clones and not just biased people that get free chips etc like the moderators here etc who will say what ever they feel and not just give the facts.
I thought this whole forum was for factual stuff not just bullshit from a few lame people who won't earn money from the clone chips etc.
This situation has turned everything on its head as these chips seem to be 100% working etc and even better quality than the offical ones.
The gold plating shows how much thought has gone into these as the pcb quality is much better than the offical one(i have the offical one here as well).
I am happy to do a full review on the forum and give a totaly unbiased approach to the these!

1. tested on on v1.4 xbox
2. fitted chip using the LPC pin header adaptor,LED working to show its fitted OK!
3. Came with os 1.0 so i upgraded using the official os 1.1,upgraded fine with no(LAG! lol).
4. burned bios cd's as stated on the Ozoxdus site(ev0xd7 and xecuter2).
5. Loaded both bios's onto the chip without any problems(256m versions).
6. Selected xecuter2 bios to use and then booted new james bond game(a real favourite of mine!).
7. Game loaded without stutter etc(maybe this guy had a shagged disc or loader as its a common xbox problem).
8. Played the game for around 2 hours without a problem,got up this morning and loaded it up again without any problems.
9. Very happy and saved a few $$$'s!
10. Still have the offical chip here and will use it in another xbox my friend has!

Free Chips?  I never got any

Josh Adams

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2004, 10:28:00 PM »

anybody else want to bet that master enolc is involved with the insider and the other cloner fucks!

sounds like he is trying to drum up some business.

rumours are getting around about who is really behind these clones and if they are true, all i can say is that i'm not suprised that the low-life fuck would stoop to cloning activities because he can't keep up with ozxodus himself.

greengiant

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2004, 12:19:00 AM »

why do people talk if they dont have em..... only those who actually have the damm chips should be commenting.

EmperorPsiblade

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2004, 01:55:00 AM »

laugh.gif

but really, people who buy these fakes will start blaming OzXodus for thier chip not working and thats bad....

can't OzXodus sue them or whatever because they are using the name xenium?  uhh.gif
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8