xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xenium Solid Red  (Read 39 times)

Headly

• Archived User
Xenium Solid Red
« on: March 07, 2004, 08:29:00 PM »

Do you mean that it hangs or stalls at the Xenium OS and goes no further.  If so I would first try to boot into recovery mode and reflash the OS with v1.1.  If that does not work perhaps it is a bad install.

If After the Xenium OS it continues to boot a bios then all is OK.  You must use a MS controller to access the settings menu of the Xenium OS.  All 3rd party controllers are not yet recognized by th OS sso it continues on to boot the bios.

arjkar

• Archived User
Xenium Solid Red
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2004, 08:39:00 PM »

Yes I thought of recovery mode... I am going to do that. When I turn the xbox on the xenium led is solid red, and then this sort of background shows up:

http://hsdemonz.left...talled/DSCF0173

After that at the top left of this background there are some messages displayed, barely readable, about the xbox, serial number etc, and at the bottom in the last line of the message says initializing ide, then all of the messages dissappear and it stays on the same background (the one in the link above)

Thanks to HSDEMONZ for the pic!

arjkar

• Archived User
Xenium Solid Red
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2004, 08:57:00 PM »

when I switch into recovery mode by switch, the recovery mode background appears, then it says initializing ide in the top left hand corner, then that message dissappears then it says 'loading...error 10...' (this error is listed as kernel-DVD timeout in the OzX manual...) below that there is another white message 'unable to get ...(I can't read the rest)'.  After awhile a big white HALT appers below this message.  And then it just stays there, so I turn it off.  

note: When I don't have a HD plugged, or when I plug in a blank non-retail large hd, (dvd still connected) I don't get the error 10 message, but everything else is still the same, keeps saying loading... then after awhile a big white HALT! message.  

(I don't have a controller plugged in though... I am missing the but end, getting one tomorrow)

EDIT: in the OzX manual it says the solid red means hardware failure or system overheat...

Headly

• Archived User
Xenium Solid Red
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2004, 09:32:00 PM »

Have you rechecked all your IDE and power connections?  Even the one at the motherboard.  Also have you changed any of your jumper settings?

arjkar

• Archived User
Xenium Solid Red
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2004, 09:55:00 AM »

smile.gif

Evil-KoRn

• Archived User
Xenium Solid Red
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2004, 06:34:00 PM »

The same thing happend to me.  I got fustrated and went to sleep.  The next morning I tried it again and it worked perfectly.  Never had any problems ever sence.

arjkar

• Archived User
Xenium Solid Red
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2004, 06:42:00 PM »

what u didn't have a controller in?