xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Praise Where Praise Is Due  (Read 44 times)

ofx210p

• Archived User
Praise Where Praise Is Due
« on: February 26, 2004, 01:04:00 PM »

Hi guys

Just thought that I'd give praise where praise is due

I am so so totally impressed with the Xenium

Got my first batch through the post today having finally exhausted my chameleon supply and they all worked fantastically

Chipped 6 machines (1.0's through to 1.5's) and only had minor issues with a 1.5 version mobo and then i just did all the prep on another machine and then moved the chip to the 1.5 with the bios already flashed (which is precisely how I used to do the Chameleons so no great shakes there). Worked a treat.

I updated all of the OS's but found this only seemed to work well with the switch on the chip as opposed to the software recovery option (ie it looked like it had worked and read the DVD-r appropriately but seemed to fail on reboot. flick the switch and repeat process and it worked great)

Despite these minor teething issues, and believe me I expected much worse, as you do with any new technique, I think this is by far the best and most elegant answer to the chipping of the box so far.

I'm so chilled with the product that I immediately placed another order today so that I dont run out of them.

WELL DONE OZXODUS

Cheers guys