xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: X3IR Installation and Information  (Read 166 times)

dinokathy

• Archived User
X3IR Installation and Information
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2006, 08:29:00 PM »

So like when will it go on sale. I have been reading about thing for about a year now. At least it seems that way!  sleeping.gif

I love the idea though. I have bitched to my wife about not having a on/off remote for the box. Even though she thinks the thing is stupid, she is the first one to load up XBMC and play the MP3's that I encoded! It is nice not having to touch another CD or DVD again. We buy a movie or CD and it get ripped, encoded and transferred to the box and then it goes into the closet with the hundreds upon hundreds of other CD's and DVD's.

XBMC is the bomb! love.gif

fuerio

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2006, 12:18:00 AM »

i could be WAY off here.... but what i'm gathering from what i've read is that you can use the xbox remote with it. now if you can program it to use certain buttons etc to turn it on and off WTF are you guys bitching about again? the SAME remote would control xbmc and the on/off functions. the only thing i can see you all complaining about is the dongle. if xbmc kicks out data to lcd's from chips etc how hard would it really be for those guys to get the app running with this hardware? come on now.

hippo

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2006, 04:18:00 AM »

If I was just coming out with this now I wouldn't have used a PIC like we all did. They have a specific IR chip designs use now it's alot easier. They announced this would be on resellers shelves the week after Sunday IR was on the news page and now Sunday base is EOL and this is still hasn't even got a MSRP?

Gee this design looks familiar.

Necrophiliac

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2006, 10:13:00 AM »

So if I understand what I read from xecuters post correctly then the serial port doesnt always need to be there?  I have one of those Logitech harmony 360 remotes, how would I configure that to work with this thing?

vietsoldier

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2006, 03:05:00 PM »

Is there anyone selling this atm. Also, I've a xChanger v2 chip which uses the eject button to quickboot (i.e. boot up with flashed bios, not ejecting dvd tray and bypassing the xChanger's OS), if i press the power button i go into the OS which i'll have to choose which bios i'd like to boot from.

Does X3IR have an option of powering up with the eject button? can it be installed in such a way to do this?

PeterPopper

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2006, 07:11:00 AM »

Great install guide guys, but where do the 3 bare wires (red, white, black) go?? Any ideas??

lclagett

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2006, 04:14:00 PM »

Did you actually get one? Because I cannot find them in any of the online stores ....

PeterPopper

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2006, 02:25:00 AM »

QUOTE(cactusbob @ Feb 3 2006, 01:19 AM) View Post

Yep pre-ordered from MrModchips before his site went down. The good lad like he is posted them this week before he went on his holidays (or whatever else he has to do).

CactusBob

Trouble is we can't put the damn things in at the moment!

Necrophiliac

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2006, 03:28:00 PM »

QUOTE(PeterPopper @ Feb 2 2006, 09:18 AM) View Post

Great install guide guys, but where do the 3 bare wires (red, white, black) go?? Any ideas??

I ordered two and am wondering the same thing.  There is some cartoon "diagram" of 10-20 solder points (depending on the xbox version) with circles around where the three wires attach.  To the left of thes solder points (I'm assuming thats what these circles/squares are supposed to be) is a big black rectangle.  Anybody have any clue what this drawing is supposed to represent and where the three freaking wires connect?

elborak

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2006, 03:47:00 PM »

I thought it was pretty obvious that it was the power supply connector (given that you are soldering points for power and standby power).

Necrophiliac

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2006, 04:05:00 PM »

It would be more obvious if it was a photo or if they drew in some wires or something.  They have photos for everything else.  Will those short little wires even reach the power supply connector?

elborak

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2006, 04:17:00 PM »

QUOTE(Necrophiliac @ Feb 21 2006, 06:12 PM) View Post
Will those short little wires even reach the power supply connector?
Yes (at least they did for me).

Necrophiliac

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2006, 07:07:00 AM »

Ill have to try it out sometime this week, thanks
Pages: 1 [2]