xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: X3IR Installation and Information  (Read 165 times)

Xbox-Scene

• Archived User
X3IR Installation and Information
« on: January 11, 2006, 12:35:00 PM »

X3IR Installation and Information-- Posted by XanTium on January 11 13:59 EST
Divineo sent us some new info and the installation instructions of the Xecuter(info) X3IR (IR-addon):

X3IR Description: Weight: 20g / per piece
Features:
1. Blue status led
2. Compatible with any modchip
3. Enable/Disable Modchip upon boot.
4. Easy to use programming software
5. Learning functionality allows virtually any remote control to be used
6. User programmable buttons for all functions, such as wich button turns on the xbox or turns it off
7. Safety Off (tm) makes sure you press the 'OFF' button 3 times before turning off the xbox to prevent unintended xbox shutdown
8. Turn ON and OFF the XBOX with the XBOX Dvd remote control, and any RCA DVD compatible remote (and there are hundreds of these)
9. Perfect-Press (tm) - The length of emulated press of front panel 'Power' button can be finely tuned to work with any modchips' needs (ie. long press is 100msec - mod on, short press is 10msec - mod off)

X3IR - Installation instruction:

1. Tear off the CR sticker, and stick it on the back side of IR PCB.

2. Remove 2 screws of X3CP as photo.

3. Turn component side of LED PCB up, and stick the IR PCB at the location as photo.

4. Turn around the 3 wires to go backside of LED PCB and screw on the 2 screws as photos.

5. Plug the white cable into the connecter of the Programer, and go through the both white cable and IR cable to the hole of XBOX as photos.

6. Plug 3Pin, 5Pin(Pitch1.0) and 5Pin(Pitch1.25) cables into the X3IR mainboard and 2Pin cable into X3 Reset-Eject board, and then stick mainboard at the location as photos.

7. Install the programer at the bottom of X3CP with CR sticker as the below photo.

See all installation pictures: here

Tobb555

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2006, 01:01:00 PM »

nice im glad to see this thing out. The programmer port would look tons better on the back.

frankgomez75

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2006, 01:07:00 PM »

long overdue.
WTF is up with the port on the front!
Fvck that... I'll program it once than take it off... my box looks to pretty to have that ugly thing in front.  Custom Silver paintjob, X3LCD, X3CP, etc.....

Now... where can I order it and whats the MSRP?

azzi

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2006, 12:32:00 PM »

QUOTE(Tobb555 @ Jan 11 2006, 09:32 PM) View Post

nice im glad to see this thing out. The programmer port would look tons better on the back.

I agree, Last time I saw anything that ugly was the 2.2 Pro. It kinda ruins the whole look.

Does that part need to be fitted?

gnutellafan

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2006, 01:11:00 PM »

dont know why you guys really care about it. its only functions are 2 turn the xbox off and on and control the x3. You cant even control xbmc with it or do any other basic remote functions according to xecuter (unless they re-changed something)

lightwizard

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2006, 12:50:00 PM »

Long time overdue. The programming port needs to be moved to the back and be USB. Serial ports need to die a blistful death. It's 2006, not 1980, kill the floppy, serial and parallel ports. They had a good run but thier time is come and gone.  blink.gif

nickb834

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2006, 01:35:00 PM »

True serial ports are knocking on a bit but some people prefer serial to USB for this kind of thing.

Also, I believe they stuck serial on it as there are bucket loads of asic's and various eeproms that support rs-232 standards and they are quite cheap, as opposed to those that support USB which are fewer and more expensive.

But hey, if they can do USB relatively cheaply and it works as reliably then sure, I have no probs with that.

Also, if we are able to install modchips and solder LPC pin headers, whats to stop us enteprising types to just extend the cables and mod the back panel and install it there?

Come to think of it, that's what I am gonna do - anybody got shit loads of spare kynar wire around?  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Gnutellafan - I've been wanting to power on and off via remote for ages - especially handy for us incessant tinkerers and all our reboots when the damn thing locks up, especially handy when I have a small son that leaves toys all over like a minefield! Plus I think this thing is more aimed at those of us who already have a remote that we already control Xbmc with.

Now if you could just ping the Xbox with a magicpacket to wake it up then that would be sweet (As in wake on lan)

Nick

This post has been edited by nickb834: Jan 11 2006, 09:41 PM

fatboi

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2006, 02:00:00 PM »

hmm, any idea wat are the advantages of the X3IR over XIR Remote

captain^k

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2006, 03:06:00 PM »

QUOTE(fatboi @ Jan 12 2006, 09:31 AM) View Post

I was wondering the exact same thing  smile.gif

gg22mm

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2006, 03:09:00 PM »

QUOTE(fatboi @ Jan 11 2006, 03:31 PM) View Post

I can see 2 advantages: that the X3ir already includes all the features that are under beta test for the XIR,  and of course, that the X3ir is a product by Team Xecuter... if you own one of their chips or the lcd you know what I'm talking about.

crewx

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2006, 03:24:00 PM »

QUOTE(lightwizard @ Jan 11 2006, 02:57 PM) View Post

Long time overdue. The programming port needs to be moved to the back and be USB. Serial ports need to die a blistful death. It's 2006, not 1980, kill the floppy, serial and parallel ports. They had a good run but thier time is come and gone.  blink.gif

because i doubt most users want to pay the extra $10 - $15 wink.gif

its a programme once and forget setup - you dont even need to have this connected to the xbox at all at any time - the pictures were just an example. I programmed my IR direct to the pc (not even connected to the xbox at all) and just installed the IR mod without even touching the program port again - its up you what you do with it.

QUOTE(azzi @ Jan 11 2006, 02:39 PM) View Post

I agree, Last time I saw anything that ugly was the 2.2 Pro. It kinda ruins the whole look.

Does that part need to be fitted?

not at all smile.gif

downlowfunk

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2006, 04:36:00 PM »

wow, first thing I thought of was what the heck is a serial port doing there?  does anyone even have a serial cable?  Hate to sound stupid but I chucked alot of the old cables I had in my cardboard box of stuff I might need, when I moved.      and now there is a serial device.  like that other guy said this is 2006,  why isnt that USB?      Also what the heck is this all about that it only does on/off and x3 bios config screens.  OOH yeah.  I know the xbox remote works with XBMC and that is hot.  This is luke warm two remotes one for the on button and then my xbox original to use EVOX and XBMC yeah!!!!

Ive totaly removed any mention of xbox or from my xbox  ripped the jewl, ripped the controllers jewels, sanded down and painted over the drive door xbox lettering. If the executer remote could replace my MS remote everything would be complete.

oh well.  and to think I ordered that custom control panel with the USB ports and IR receiver built in.

Peace.

elborak

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2006, 04:22:00 PM »

QUOTE(downlowfunk @ Jan 11 2006, 06:07 PM) View Post
like that other guy said this is 2006,  why isnt that USB?
Already answered by Xecuter.
This is luke warm two remotes one for the on button and then my xbox original to use EVOX and XBMC yeah!!!!
You might want to actually read the article before you start whining:
Turn ON and OFF the XBOX with the XBOX Dvd remote control

MonoxideC

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2006, 05:42:00 PM »

QUOTE(gnutellafan @ Jan 11 2006, 08:42 PM) *

dont know why you guys really care about it. its only functions are 2 turn the xbox off and on and control the x3.

I use my xbox mostly as a media player, so being able to turn it on with a remote (like the rest of my equipment - dvdplayer, receiver, etc) is a great feature.

Also, like someone said earlier, when the thing freezes (so that even the IGR doesn't respond) then it's nice to be able to quickly reset it.

It'd be really nice if this could control XBMC as well (get rid of the fugly dongle), but I'm sure if it was feasible to do it in a reasonable time frame at a reasonable cost, Xecuter would have done it.  Maybe there's a way that you could wire up the MS Dongle internally to the x3ir and a USB port and just stash the thing inside the xbox and just let the x3ir send signals to the dongle?

crustyteacup

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2006, 06:14:00 PM »

its maybe taking a long time, but i know its going to be worth it. i did buy the xir board before, its good, but since my xbox is more xecuter branded than MS these days i felt like i needed an xecuter ir board. plus with the cp it fits nicely into the little red window, with no modification at all.
Pages: [1] 2