xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: No Video Or Audio With The Mod Chip Off  (Read 57 times)

22v10

• Archived User
No Video Or Audio With The Mod Chip Off
« on: May 12, 2005, 12:33:00 PM »

UPDATE:

I tried the configmagic Lock, unlock when I got home and no luck toggle it on and off and rebooted with MOd on and off Same results, No video or audio with mod chip off. I can access the M$dash from EvoX +3935.

I reflashed back to X2-4981.06 tried that and No go with the mod off!
since there was no difference in my MOD off operation. I reflashed with
X2-4981.06 in bank 1&2 and 5029_old in bank 3&4 I used X2BM to put them in one image and I found I had to turnOFF the TSR setting to get FashX v1.2 to work.
Bank switching is cool tongue.gif  boots either bios no-problem at all.

I compared my backed up eeprom from the stock HD(4gig) made from SLayerZ 2.6 and there where 4 differences between the old back up(SLayerZ 2.5) and the original backup done with SLayerZ 2.4? WTF? :Idunno uhh.gif

Wonder where to go from here? HELP!!!! Please!! TIA biggrin.gif

22v10
 cool.gif

Perplexer

• Recovered User
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2005, 08:24:00 AM »

"Console coma," the retail BIOS on your TSOP is damaged.

You have two options:
1. Do a tricky 29-wire modchip install and reflash your TSOP with the retail MS BIOS (3944 or 4034); or
2. Just flash the retail MS BIOS to a bank on your modchip.  Just always leave the chip on, and when you want to boot with the chip "disabled," switch to the second bank.

kennedy0218

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2005, 05:01:00 PM »

But if you put a retail version bios on the chip will it be able to go on live.

Perplexer

• Recovered User
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2005, 09:12:00 PM »

QUOTE(kennedy0218 @ May 15 2005, 03:07 PM)
But if you put a retail version bios on the chip will it be able to go on live.

22v10

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2005, 08:27:00 AM »

Yee HAA! Fixed! the NO video and No Audio with Mod chip Off Problem aka Console comma..
Update

I did the tsop TSOP Split MOD  and added the X3 mod chip in place of the X2 while I was in there....
I turn the two switches off and powered up with mod disabled and Low and behold! the M$dash came right up in full video and soundsmile.gif
NOTE; I had to put in the original HD or I would get an ERROR 16=Dash files missing wink.gif . new HD didn't have anything on it...Duh!

I used the tutorial HERE and bridged the top and bottom two points for enable tsop write(version 1.0 xbox) I then added the two switches to A18 & A19 points on the bottom and the GRND wire.
Booted the Box and all is working. Now I need to flash the whole tsop with the original 4034 bios. ( I'm booting from bank 1 of the  tsop now)I got the original at the usual places and it's already a 1 meg file.

I'm not sure on exactly what method to use to flash the tsop back to original
I have the bios, I have the Slayers ISO with Evox in it. I can open the INI from the iso
as well as update the installer disc. Could I just add the bios file to the CD-RW I have it on and flash with evox or what?

Any tips on the best way to do this?

My objective is to restore this box's tsop back to factory and only boot with the X3
I just put in.
I could do the splinter cell hack with rain coat but seems to be funky?

Problem is how to boot and flash the tsop ...back to the reading pile, TIA.

22v10
 cool.gif

22v10

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2005, 01:03:00 PM »