xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Please Help On A 2.3b Lite  (Read 31 times)

achysklic

• Archived User
Please Help On A 2.3b Lite
« on: January 02, 2004, 10:20:00 AM »

I installed  my 2.3b lte using wire everything went fine i powered it on and blue screen on tv   on the chip the green light is on  on the xbox it briefly went red then orange then grenn flashing and dvd tray ejects.  i made a bios cd using xecuter 2 4973 filled all bank making it 1 mb also tried other bios still no good place cd in and  (using liteon cdrw) and restart xbox runs though the same thing and dvd try ejects , tried using evox version 3935 same thing ........so i went to walmarts bought a liteon dvd burner tried same files on dvdrw same thing i amd following the tutr. and adding dummy files and all but not luck can someone please help ?

Strud1512

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2004, 12:22:00 PM »

What version xbox do you have?
I think the X2-4973 bios only supported up to v1.1, and if you bought yours recently you probably have a v1.4/1.5.
You need the X2-4979 bios.

Also, 'Evox 3935' is a dashboard, not a bios. And I don't think that color combination you described when booting your console is right (however, if the tray ejects it could be OK).

achysklic

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2004, 01:32:00 PM »

Thanks for the reply I Assume it's version 1.4-1.5 i just bought it last week from EB althought it was man. in  aug.
The boot colors are I turn it on with the chip enabled it is green  the button on the xbox goes red fast then a orange color then green which flashes 3
times then the dvd tray opens.  if i disable the modchip the light on it is red and the xbox light is steady green and the ms bios opens up .  hopes this helps  I have tried everything I am to the point I almost think this chip has no bios on it.

achysklic

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2004, 01:36:00 PM »

also the newest bios i can find is the 4978.03 I tried it and the same thing is happening

dsrice

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2004, 01:49:00 PM »

this may sound stupid, but when you burned the files did you first create a xiso?  I was brilliant enough to just burn the files to a cd and expect the xbox to read.... not ;)  

achysklic

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2004, 02:09:00 PM »

on the chip bios i just burned them with bero as the tut. said on the evox when i tried it i used xiso

achysklic

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2004, 02:45:00 AM »

just wondering is it possible for this chip not to have a bios on it cos no matter what i do i never get anything like cromwell on the screen. and if it has no bios on it what can i do?

azvbman

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2004, 04:43:00 AM »

Well if you have a 1.4 or 1.5 xbox then you won't get video because the 1.4-1.5 xbox's changed the video controller and the cromwell flashing bios doesn't recognize the video controller so the screen is blank. You need to get the latest bios X2 4979.67 or the EvolutionX bios M7 and make it a 1mb file and burn it to a cd as the tutorial says (with the dummy file(s)).  

achysklic

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2004, 05:05:00 AM »

i took 4979.67 used bios manager made it 1024k saved it as a bios.bin opened nero took the bios.bin moved it over also made a dummy folder about 100mb with music in it renamed it abc.dat moved it over as well burn them on a dvdrw  then i  turned on the xbox which is hooked up via rca adapters enabled it set it to unprotected and bank 2 the dvd tray opens place cd in closed got a steady green light for a couple of mins then dvd tray ejected again. I turned off power with cd in tray turned back on got a brief red light then orange light then green then the green flashed 3 times the tray ejected cd a gain........i took out cd turned power on and off  and still nothing on screen.. ......please help

achysklic

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2004, 05:54:00 AM »

ok everyone can call me a NOOBie I finally got it fixed my problem wasn't how i was burning it it was what i was burning it on i was using a dvdrw and xbox only recon. dvdr  i thought that since it worked with cdrw it would dvdrw as well ...........anyways i used the cdrw and 4979.67  flashed perfect now says xecuter instead of MS   thaks everyone for the help now i need to get evox installed  :rolleyes: