xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Just Modde A 1.4-1.5 W/2.3 Lite And Now  (Read 61 times)

8itgreat

• Archived User
Just Modde A 1.4-1.5 W/2.3 Lite And Now
« on: December 13, 2003, 09:09:00 PM »

ok re re re checked everything and i noticed i put the power plug upside down back into the dvd rom drive...then put it back together and then pushed power..it doesnt power up but i do get two very quick flashing blue led's with a green led on swith...then nothing...doesnt power up just as soon as i press power i  get these lights for a fracton of a sec then gone with  nothing...i still have my original drive in there...everything else is plugged in...what the fuck am i doing wrong here...it wont boot up normal with everything disabled either...

KingViper

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2003, 09:19:00 PM »

Try disconnecting everything and then booting up.  If everything is unplugged and it works, then there is probably an lpc point not connecting good enough.  I would recommend using the 12 pin adapter in the lpc points because they almost guaruntee a good connection.  You can remove the solder from the holes using some desoldering braid on top of the motherboard, and then on the bottom until the hole is empty, or i have also heard of using one of the desoldering guns from the bottom while you melt the solder on top.  If disconnecting everything doesnt work, then make sure there is no solder slash anywhere connecting two points that aren't supposed to be connected.  Also, I recommend using the bottome D0 point, its much easier, and I have found from past experiences that it seems to make a better connection.  Another thing you can check is if there are any traces that you may have accidentally broken, there are tutorials on xbox-scene that explain how to fix those, though i have never done one myself.  Hopefully I have been of some help to you.  GoodLuck

KingViper

lookformeb

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2003, 06:53:00 PM »

Did you get that seagate to lock by chance?  I was looking into getting one.

lookformeb

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2003, 09:05:00 PM »

tongue.gif

So retail games don't work?  Do they work when the modchip is off?  If not, your DVD might be bad?

lookformeb

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2003, 09:59:00 PM »

Do you have a backup for the C drive (Xbox)?

lookformeb

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2003, 10:16:00 PM »

biggrin.gif

Well, let me get this straight here... You have the original un-touched Xbox HDD and the New HDD, right?

Put the original Xbox HDD in there and try the original games.  If they don't boot, then there's a deeper issue.  If they do boot, just copy the original contents of C to your HDD and then send them to the Xbox.  Don't completely overwrite the entire contents of C, just send files from the Old HDD to the New HDD, leaving all the extra stuff from xaviers disk on there.

Make sense?

lookformeb

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2003, 10:57:00 PM »

biggrin.gif

I share your opinion on Seagates.  I've listened to a Seagate and Maxtor size by size (without case on) and the difference is remarkable.  You literally have to put your ear very close to the Seagate to hear it where with the Maxtor, I can hear it over the 12v fan mod.

I currently have a 120GB Seagate lying around waiting to go in one of the Pre-Mods I sell.

One thing I noticed about Seagates when I did my HDD Lockability List is that all new Seagates have been documented as lockable.   biggrin.gif

lookformeb

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2003, 01:55:00 PM »

biggrin.gif