xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: X2.2 Lite Plus Install Problem  (Read 75 times)

Anti-Bob

• Archived User
X2.2 Lite Plus Install Problem
« on: August 06, 2003, 02:29:00 PM »

Offcourse I meant LED 4!

weasel

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2003, 02:35:00 PM »

If the chip is set to "enable" then the green light won't turn on, set it to "disable", "unprotected", "bank 1" and then power on and see if you get the green light. If not then leave it powered on and very slowly and carefully move the chip around until the green light comes on, then tighten the screw just a little bit and then switch it to "enabled" and reboot, you should then get the cromwell screen (you might have to reboot several times, like 10, before it comes up)

weasel

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2003, 03:01:00 PM »

You'll just have to keep trying, stand over it and make sure the 3 alignment holes at the top of the chip line up perfectly with the points under them, it'll take awhile but you'll get it eventually. Just keep the box on and move the chip very slowly up ad down with the screw in but not tight, keep it loose. Press down hard too. You can't do anything until you get that green light on.

rickwhois

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2003, 04:06:00 PM »

i just installed my x2.2lite+ this weekend, i had the same problem. BUT.  Try this:
If you get the green led4 on startup and shutdown, it could be working properly.
I never got a solid green, just blinking at startup and shutdown. So tighten that screw, plugin your dvd and hdd. Make sure the external switch is plugged in, Leave it on bank1, unprotect, and ENABLE the chip now. Turn the box on, you will see the dvd drive open up , if not on first attempt, then keep powering down and on until it pops open. It may take 3 trys, and it took about 1 minute to open up, then the cromwell bios screen comes on with a prompt to flash the bios.

Anti-Bob

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2003, 04:27:00 PM »

Ok, I got it steady on green with some realy hassles (had to put something under the chip for balance. When the green was steady (the screen went to gray) I booted down and then on again but no steady green, just a flash when I tuned it on and off. Ok, I set the chip to "enable" and the Xbox tries to boot up three times and then just a blank screen.

This is getting sliightly annoying wink.gif

brainstane

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2003, 04:34:00 PM »

Welcome to the wonderful world of pogo pin installs. Just wait until it gets knocked out of alignment and you have to do it all over again. Anyway, what you're experiencing may be due to your D0 pogo pin being unable to get a good contact on the D0 point. What you MAY want to DELICATELY do is prepare the D0 point. Some people have suggested getting a fiberglass pencil to do this, but what I've done in the past is to take a tiny phillips head screwdriver and place it exactly in the center of D0, and then twist it gently 4 or 5 rotations. If this is done properly, you'll see that the point is now shiny brass looking, instead of dull.  This may help you, mileage will vary.

Just make sure that you do this gently!!!!!!.

weasel

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2003, 04:37:00 PM »

Yes, mine was VERY annoying as well, but better then burning out the board with solder ! Turn the chip to disable and power on, does the green light come on solid and the original dash start? If not then it probably got knocked out of place again. What did you put under it for balance?

weasel

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2003, 05:09:00 PM »

Well, you're now alot closer then before right ! :-) Keep trying it, plug in the HD and DVD and have them hanging off to the side, get the D0 aligned properly and then flash the bios and do whatever else your gonna do, THEN put it all back togethere very carefully and set it aside and DON'T touch it again. You can also do what I did which was put a piece of electrical tape over the chip to hold it in place on the motherboard, that fixed it all for me, I put it all back together again and haven't had any problems with it getting misaligned.

Anti-Bob

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2003, 07:09:00 PM »

This is just stupid, I've got my chip securly in place with stable green (used a tiny bit thicker screw) but now it just reboots three times with and without the chip!! I'm feeling mighty frustrated!

weasel

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2003, 07:34:00 PM »

The d0 pad might of gotten damaged which can cause this, check the d0 pad and trace and make sure it hasn't been scratched or otherwise damaged, also check the LPC's.

Anti-Bob

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2003, 07:01:00 AM »

*bump*

Anybody know if I'm totally screwed?

Anti-Bob

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2003, 01:39:00 PM »

Ok, just took a closer look at the board, didn't see much *wrong*, although there were a couple of tracers who had lost their protective coating and had a copper coloring, none of them looked cut.

rickwhois

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2003, 02:26:00 PM »

not sure if you tried it but, try taking out the chip and plugin the original ms hdd and dvd drive. Does it still work?
If not, then i dont know what it could be, i think when it flashes and green, it could be the D0 or the bios.