xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11

Author Topic: Xecuter 3 Rumor Thread  (Read 740 times)

gamingguru

• Archived User
Xecuter 3 Rumor Thread
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2003, 04:55:00 PM »

Yea an external mod would bo cool, but its not going to happen.

phamtasm

• Archived User
Xecuter 3 Rumor Thread
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2003, 11:12:00 PM »

I'm just curious how much more life the XBOX will have.  I kinda expect MS to start releasing info on a new XBOX2 pretty soon.  Maybe annouce it at next year's E3.

L-Trance

• Archived User
Xecuter 3 Rumor Thread
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2003, 05:32:00 AM »

dry.gif

karishbhr

• Archived User
Xecuter 3 Rumor Thread
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2003, 08:00:00 PM »

Ok... So I wanna get a X2.1 Lite when its released (hopefully soon) but... Im worried. I plan on doing a wire install for 2 main reasons... im 90% positive I have 1.0 motherboard & I dont wanna take out the motherboard. Now heres whats holding me back... a headerpin is a one time deal, easy installation everytime after that. The only time I see myself upgrading a mod is for the X3. SOOOO My main question is this... will the X3 be worth upgrading too and how easy is it to unsolder a modchip so U can install a new one?

PS. Maybe the X3 will use the same solder points as x2 therefor allowing a change in mods and not wires (just switch the adapter aroung) *keeps fingers crossed*

staticFLINT

• Archived User
Xecuter 3 Rumor Thread
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2003, 08:38:00 PM »

ohmy.gif  I am not gonna upgrade my matrix till it comes out...

karishbhr

• Archived User
Xecuter 3 Rumor Thread
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2003, 08:46:00 PM »

blink.gif if the holes arent filled ill be so freakin happy! If they are, wire install it is, no biggy, just a load off my back

blueinfinity

• Archived User
Xecuter 3 Rumor Thread
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2003, 08:50:00 PM »

karish its honestly not THAT hard to remove the mobo. and the pin header is nicer and cleaner and easier too upgrade then a wire mod

karishbhr

• Archived User
Xecuter 3 Rumor Thread
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2003, 08:52:00 PM »

I read the guide to the pin header install 2 things bug me:

1. I dont understand howto solder the things in place
2. Do I really still haveto solder the dO point!?!?!

PS. What materials do I need for the install of a headerpin

XDAWG

• Archived User
Xecuter 3 Rumor Thread
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2003, 01:42:00 AM »

I was just wondering now dont flame me dammit Im fairly new but why would someone have to be worried about the wire install couldnt they just re-use the wires on thier next chip assuming that it is going to use the same points. Just dissconnect the wires from the chip and not the mobo and use the wires one the next chip. Well I think I know what Im talking about?

XDAWG

explicitlyrics100

• Archived User
Xecuter 3 Rumor Thread
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2003, 01:46:00 AM »

yeh pin header is still easy though as it is slot out slot in.. but wires are fine... x3 should be good to see what they can do that is new, compared to chameleon etc

Ubergeek

• Archived User
Xecuter 3 Rumor Thread
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2003, 04:50:00 AM »

all i can say is that we've addressed a lot of issues that need sorting

this includes more available / useful features, quality of components, improvement of connectability, better customizability (is that a word ?), better software support & more homebrew freindly

a lot of the features you can get right now with current mods of course - yes there is a couple more new ones, yes the hardware will be MUCH better, and yes it will probably be the definative mod

however if you are waiting for a mod - i suggest get one now - dont wait as we're going slowly with this one.

If you are upgrading - then yeah you should wait.

Ubergeek

• Archived User
Xecuter 3 Rumor Thread
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2003, 04:52:00 AM »

smile.gif

Heet

• Archived User
Xecuter 3 Rumor Thread
« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2003, 11:26:00 PM »

no more xecuter for me. there bios are great but they send out chips with these kmart, mickey mouse connecting cables.  Now we are forced to buy more shitty cables to replace the original shitty cables.  Other alternative is to get the cable that fucking ate up new york.  Ive seen it, its friggin almost as wide as  the chip and we have to pay for the mistake of someone else's.  Damn I hope they research their chip a little more befor they ship it out to people.  Chameleon here I come.  Sorry Uber, no offense but this has just sucked like shit.  I resorted to just putting the damn things in my boxes so there was no chance of the ribbon moving.  Had to use black electrical tape to hold it in place.  My fucking mobo looks like Sanford and Sons fucking back yard.  What a shitty mess.  Damn shame cuz its a nice chip other than this garbage.

Ubergeek

• Archived User
Xecuter 3 Rumor Thread
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2003, 02:47:00 AM »

QUOTE (ZildjianKX @ May 17 2003, 08:51 AM)
Yeah, an upgrade would be sweet... maybe that's one thing that Team Xodus could teach team Xecuter... in all reality the world doesn't need a new modchip.

you have to be kidding me right ?

1) the only thing the matrix is doing is acting as a pogo adapter - hence you haveing to hack it to death - so no they have not done any kind upgrade mod

2) your comment on "the world not needing another mod" - ok so we won't improve then (an dthen come into a barrage of criticism for sitting on our asses - probably from guys like you actually tongue.gif ). Or the alternative is - dont buy the new mods yourself - im sure others will want the new features and design we have to offer

Ubergeek

• Archived User
Xecuter 3 Rumor Thread
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2003, 02:48:00 AM »

QUOTE (Heet @ May 31 2003, 08:26 AM)
no more xecuter for me. there bios are great but they send out chips with these kmart, mickey mouse connecting cables.  Now we are forced to buy more shitty cables to replace the original shitty cables.  Other alternative is to get the cable that fucking ate up new york.  Ive seen it, its friggin almost as wide as  the chip and we have to pay for the mistake of someone else's.  Damn I hope they research their chip a little more befor they ship it out to people.  Chameleon here I come.  Sorry Uber, no offense but this has just sucked like shit.  I resorted to just putting the damn things in my boxes so there was no chance of the ribbon moving.  Had to use black electrical tape to hold it in place.  My fucking mobo looks like Sanford and Sons fucking back yard.  What a shitty mess.  Damn shame cuz its a nice chip other than this garbage.

perhaps you should get your next mod fitted by someone who knows what they're doing ?

no offence.

im sorry dude but you are WAY out of line. There is nothing wrong with the cables - is it strange how everyone else manages to fit correctly without butchering their mod ? (well almost everyone) - and at least we actually give cables and adapters with our mods wink.gif

The fact is the FCC cable is used in almost ALL electronics - inc PS2, GC and XBOX. Its not something we pulled out of the hat. If you cant fit it - dont blame it on the mod. Blame it on the fact that you CAN'T fit it and give it to someone else who can do it for you

At least we offer spare parts for those that damage their items - and if the item is not damaged by the customer - then of course its replaced free of charge - standard practice no ?

I always get guys who butcher their mods while installing and then blame it on the mod. If it was a design flaw like you say - the factory would have a bit of a problem - but guess what? - they dont.

and I would hope you used electrical tape after your install - again standard electronics practice for a security and safety (hence it being called electricians tape)

I think i'll go with the 99% of customers more than happy with our products than listen to the 1% who have problems (even tho we do listen and help if they are willing to accept they screwed up) - if the numbers were the other way around then i think i'd have an issue with the design.

Why don't you send your xbox to one of my official resellers and ill get it fitted correctly or you - then you can see how the job should be done and perhaps you will change your mind after seeing how neat and tidy it actually looks.

PM me and ill arrange this free of charge if you arrange the shipping costs.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11