xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: X2 Frag 3flash Red/green (real Answers)  (Read 92 times)

chris67rs

• Archived User
X2 Frag 3flash Red/green (real Answers)
« on: May 15, 2003, 06:58:00 PM »

beerchug.gif

carman

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2003, 09:50:00 AM »

good tips

jtsurfs

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2003, 10:03:00 AM »

OK, done some searches and read several posts and different reasons. I originally had the X2lite installed with header pin. It worked fine for a couple of weeks. Then i started to intermittently get the FRAG. Then one day it only would FRAG. I had the solder points all tested with a multimeter, D0 resoldered to alternate then back to original position. As I did not have the Lite programmer I got another chip and the box booted up with the cromwell bios. I flashed the new mod with the OZXFlash method. It flashed fine, booted up and worked. It has worked for a couple of weeks and I am now beginning to get the FRAG again. If I remove the flash jumper and boot the system with the drives out of the way but still connected. I can connect the D0/ground on the mod after the flubber and it will boot up. otherwise it FRAGS. I think I can safely rule out the solder as it has successfully worked. I think I can rule out the chip as this is 2 chips. I have programmed both mods with 4976.02 multiversion and created a 1MB bios with X2BM. I don't think the BIOS is bad as it initially worked for some time.

Does anyone have any further ideas?

Vextor99

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2003, 05:40:00 PM »

ok i see. here what i used

matrix mod chip
flash with evox d.6 (without color mod)(i tried it with 2)
ver 1.0 xbox.

i had some trouble

so i turned the xbox on and did it.
my pinky landed on the power while it was on and i got shock a few times.
i scratched up the place i put it under.(d0?)

can some 1 help me?

ghoti

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2003, 09:43:00 PM »

Alright, when I first installed my X2 lite with header pins in my 1.0 box, it booted three times and fragged, then i opened it up, took it all apart, put it back in, and it worked.  So it worked for about a week and then I decided that I wanted to put switches in the back.  So I installed the switches tonight, put it all back together, and then there it went again flashing red and green at me.  Well I knew it had worked before, so I knew it wasn't my soldering or the chip or the bios, so I thought I'd play around with the box and figure out for good what was causing this.  I disconnected cables and it didn't make any difference.  It happened when the chip was switched on and when it was switched off.  I then found the problem.  I pushed the power and it started to go through the same process again.  Only this time, after it rebooted once, I pushed down a little bit on my x2 lite.  Suddenly, on the second reboot, the dvd drive kicked in and the xbox worked.  Of course, I still ended up getting an error because my hard drive was disconnected.  But I turned it off, jiggled the x2 a little, and tried it again.  It fragged.  Then I adjusted the chip a tiny bit, and it worked again.  

So... apparently, the x2 can easily come out of contact with the header pins.  The pins are definitely making good contact with the lpc points, I tested.  It seems like most (if not all) of the people having this problem installed with header pins, so whenever anyone else has this problem... I'd say before you try anything else, take out your hard drive and dvd drive and plug the xbox in.  Push the power button and try moving the x2 around a little and see if it works.  Hope this helps someone!

Vextor99

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2003, 04:07:00 AM »

good
some 1 actually figured out how fix that problem kinda,
well i tried you theroy with my matrix and it didn't work.
i think my prob is when i was installing my matrix and i kinda scratched up my contact points

so i have to get a new mobo?