xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Ok, Now Pc-bioxx Has The Advantage Over X-ecuter !  (Read 565 times)

PLUTO 3.14

• Archived User
Ok, Now Pc-bioxx Has The Advantage Over X-ecuter !
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2002, 03:46:00 PM »

dry.gif

All I found at premodded.com is there "Prewired DUAL Sporty Custom-X Modchip with Bios Selection Switch".  The only reference to flashing the mod is; "Modchip is socketed for easy removal and updating."

Is this the homebrew mod u are talking about?

How is it that you'll be able to flash it when ever u want?

Premodded.com does not say anything about flashing it, just that it's easy to remove for updating... How is the updating done and by who???

Is it some equipment u already own or will have???

Please explain yourself... ph34r.gif

PLUTO 3.14

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2002, 04:45:00 PM »

I am just trying to find info on your statements, I would ratter get a homebrew if it's flashable then anything else....   But I want to know how before I order it..??  Please be specific!!!

So what I understand from what u post it is that after installing a homebrew a.k.a. "Prewired DUAL Sporty Custom-X Modchip with Bios Selection Switch".  Then if u want to flash it in the future there is a way to do it with out opening the XBox...  How is this done?

jlm5151

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2002, 05:12:00 PM »

ROFL, I just noticed this, Gtac, do you actually think that the chip your getting can be flashed without opening your Xbox? All it is, is a socketed homebrew chip. You have to remove the chip from its socket to even begin your journey to flashing it. Why do you think everyone made a big thing about the LPT port on the openxbox and it's easy flashing? If the socketed chips were that easy to flash with only software then everyone would have one. Next time do some research.

gggie

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2002, 06:22:00 PM »

uh... GTac, i think you may have misunderstood the guy -- i think he was saying that the XBOX BIOS (not the mod chip itself) could be flashed without opening the box (because the mod chip has a switch -- just turn on the xbox with the mod chip in operation, run the flashing program, use the switch to turn off the chip, then flash the xbox bios)

as far as i know, there are no modchips that can be flashed via the EvoX menu or with XFlash (only the xbox bios itself can be flashed that way)

(btw: homebrews are "flashable" but only by taking the thing out of the xbox and using some external hardware to flash it -- that's how they put the evo 2.2 bios on it)

GTac01

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2002, 06:30:00 PM »

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! U WANT ME TO MAKE THE GUY TEST THAT FOR ME? OMG U MAKE ME SO ANGRYYYYYY!!!!

PLUTO 3.14

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2002, 06:32:00 PM »

laugh.gif

If u don't care about the # of wires, buy the current version...  I u want less wires wait for the 12 wire one....@ PreModded.com

Good job GT, thankx for letting me know....!!! cool.gif

gggie

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2002, 06:50:00 PM »

you know, a $25 modchip that is flash-upgradable using EvoX/XFlash would be amazing -- so amazing, in fact, that you'd think we would have heard something about its development...

if this is real, why isn't xbox-scene.com screaming about it on the front page?  why isn't the entire xbox community chattering away with excitement about this chip?  and why, on the premodded page, does it say absolutely nothing about this awesome innovation?

in fact, the description of the chip that GTac claims has this ability ("Prewired Sporty Custom-X Modchip") only says one thing remotely related to flashability - it says, "Modchip is socketed for easy removal and updating" (i.e. take it out of the xbox and use external hardware to flash the thing, just like every other homebrew out there)

PLUTO 3.14

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2002, 06:54:00 PM »

dry.gif

dkoikadabra

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2002, 12:24:00 AM »

Bleh. Personally, I REALLY want the PC-BioXX modchip and if it becomes a concern to play the Xbox online with Live, you'd most likely have to get rid of most of the 'unofficial' binaries on the HDD, a larger HDD, etc also. A toggle switch on the modchip becomes redundant when M$ rewrites the partition table on your larger HDD and 'restores' the 'correct' dashboard, and can do all of the above regardless if they detect your modchip or not.
Besides, you can play online without Live anyway. Besides it being easier to find competitors and the possiblity of joining a Ladder (a competition), it won't be much better (unless I got something wrong here).
Just my two cents, not a flame, mind you.

echto

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2002, 01:52:00 PM »

QUOTE ([oMega] @ Aug 2 2002, 06:37 PM)
But with the use of pure logic you can almost assure that if you flash your onboard bios, you will have problems in the future, including xbox live.

Pure logic dictates that one proves their intelligence by opening their mouth.

[oMega]

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2002, 04:44:00 PM »

echto, no need to be a smart ass.

What are you going to do if that happens to be true?  If you are cautios you would take NO chances. But thats only me. I mean, you certainly have it all figured out.

Thanks for building me a bad reputation.

cONEction

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2002, 05:33:00 AM »

rolleyes.gif

stastuffis

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2002, 11:55:00 PM »

I e-mailed the guy at premodded.com and he said the following.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We have heard from several customers that they were able to do this....We
have not tested this out yet, as we have too many orders to fulfill, so no
time for R&D.  We will be testing this feature shortly.  Worst case senario,
even if it is not possible to upgrade the chip yourself, you can always send
it to us....we will do it for free.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It sounds too good to be true but if several customers are claiming they can do it, there IS hope.  At this point I don't believe it but I prefer to remain optimistic until it is confirmed.

GTac01

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2002, 12:29:00 AM »

it is it is it is it is flasheble, they just need to modify xflash to work with that kind of chip.

stastuffis

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2002, 02:20:00 AM »

Some of us like to have concrete evidence before we go spending money on something.  I don't want to spend money on a rumor.  I hope you understand.
Pages: 1 [2] 3