xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Ok, Now Pc-bioxx Has The Advantage Over X-ecuter !  (Read 569 times)

Duece

• Archived User
Ok, Now Pc-bioxx Has The Advantage Over X-ecuter !
« on: August 02, 2002, 09:23:00 AM »

No need to wait for PC-BiosXX...you can have it imported from Germany now at about the same price Lik-Sang would charge.

CoolSpy

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2002, 09:26:00 AM »

Except for the shipping price rippoff, and i live in France just a fex hundred kms away. 20 $ for shipping ? WTF is that ?

Duece

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2002, 09:28:00 AM »

well if you want it now instead of mid september then the extra 10 dollars or so isn't really that much.

97dss

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2002, 09:50:00 AM »

Just booted my PC-BioXX for the first time 5 minutes ago, flashed the bios with the xtender bios  (can't find evo 2.2 anywhere ?!?!?), and loaded a CD-RW.  sweet!

No question in my mind whether I made the right choice...

gnat_

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2002, 10:19:00 AM »

QUOTE (Duece @ Aug 2 2002, 03:23 PM)
No need to wait for PC-BiosXX...you can have it imported from Germany now at about the same price Lik-Sang would charge.

Except that you can get it and not pay the high shipping charges...  schniken in the BuySell/Shops forum is reselling a limited number (50) of PCBioXX chips in the US for $59 + $10 shipping.  He is taking preorders now in this thread.  

I don't vouch for schniken personally, and I have no affilliation with him other than that I have preordered one of these chips for myself.  His shipment from Germany is scheduled to arrive early next week, and he will be shipping out chips soon thereafter.

CoolSpy

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2002, 11:08:00 AM »

Ordered my PC Bioxx from bestplayer.de 80 $ with shipping .... but who cares, at least i know i made the best choice and i'll have it in 5 days hehe =)

GTac01

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2002, 11:10:00 AM »

The ultimate chip ever has always been the one that comes with ur xbox, cuz its flasheable and it is flashed with ease.

[oMega]

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2002, 11:42:00 AM »

Yeah, the only problem is that once you flash it, it is almost a FACT you wont be able to play on Xbox Live, simply because you cannot change back to your ORIGINAL xbox bios. Once you flash the TSOP, its bye bye bios.

gnat_

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2002, 12:16:00 PM »

QUOTE (gggie @ Aug 2 2002, 06:12 PM)
i don't think i'd refer to the completely unsubstantiated paranoid ramblings of semi-literate posters as "almost a FACT"....

....daaaaaaamn.  begun, the flame wars have.

telo{+}

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2002, 12:25:00 PM »

[oMega]

dude, i read nearly all the posts here and i have yet to see you say ANYTHING intellegent

openbox can disable W/O the need for an external switch, it IS flash upgradable, and imo the xecuter team are a bunch a cocky ass kids

You dont see openbox people talking about "inerior mod" and bullshit like that

PLUTO 3.14

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2002, 12:29:00 PM »

that is cause they don't know english and u don't know german,  biggrin.gif

I am waiting a couple of weeks ti'll the dust settles to see what I choose...  Either way!!! cool.gif

[oMega]

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2002, 12:37:00 PM »

Ok, you can flame me all you want. But with the use of pure logic you can almost assure that if you flash your onboard bios, you will have problems in the future, including xbox live.

Hey telo, thanks for the support, I appreciate it.

gggie

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2002, 12:43:00 PM »

QUOTE (gnat_ @ Aug 2 2002, 06:16 PM)
....daaaaaaamn.  begun, the flame wars have.

tongue.gif   didn't mean to flame -- just wanted to point out that there is absolutely no reason to believe you are uniquely fucked if you flash your bios -- for him to say it's "almost a FACT" that you are is ridiculous

MS *might* have some sort of bios-detection for Live but they also *might* have some sort of modchip detection or altered-harddrive detection -- and, of course, all these talented xbox hacking groups just *might* find clever ways of defeating these measures (and, anyway, people who flash their bioses could always, as a last resort, flash back to the original and install a modchip if it ever became necessary - which i doubt it will since bios-flashers can always re-flash with the newest thing out, and can do so even more easily than a person with an Openxbox chip can)

personally, i think flashing your own bios is the easiest, most inexpensive way to enjoy all the hacked xbox features that exist right now (at least for people who have first generation chips already installed)

[oMega]

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2002, 12:57:00 PM »

What I said in my previous posts is just my opinion, is what I think will happen.

Bugman

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2002, 03:44:00 PM »

QUOTE (GTac01 @ Aug 2 2002, 08:19 PM)
With that said, Im out of here.  tongue.gif  good luck with ur x-ecuter.

Do you promise?
Pages: [1] 2 3