xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Pc-bioxx Vs. X-ecuter ?  (Read 238 times)

GTac01

• Archived User
Pc-bioxx Vs. X-ecuter ?
« on: July 28, 2002, 11:14:00 AM »

LOOK ASSHOLES!!! (in a good way biggrin.gif) you would be lucky just to have ONE chip inside ur box working, i got ripped off, and believe me, i would even get an xtender, as long as i have a frikin chip inside that let sme play backups. Get enigmah, only 30 bucks, u solder it, then flash onboard bios with evox and return it or whatever, hey and guess what, u now have something better than a BIOXX( u can flash without doing crap ). I bet u ur never gonna flash a bios with BIOXX after u ahve flashed it with evox. And xecuter is a rip off, its just a Xios with 9 solder points.

bearauto

• Archived User
Pc-bioxx Vs. X-ecuter ?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2002, 11:25:00 AM »

QUOTE (GTac01 @ Jul 28 2002, 05:14 PM)
LOOK ASSHOLES!!! (in a good way biggrin.gif) you would be lucky just to have ONE chip inside ur box working, i got ripped off, and believe me, i would even get an xtender, as long as i have a frikin chip inside that let sme play backups. Get enigmah, only 30 bucks, u solder it, then flash onboard bios with evox and return it or whatever, hey and guess what, u now have something better than a BIOXX( u can flash without doing crap ). I bet u ur never gonna flash a bios with BIOXX after u ahve flashed it with evox. And xecuter is a rip off, its just a Xios with 9 solder points.

That's assuming you know how to solder...for a guy like me, who's never touched a soldering iron, I'd have to send my xbox to someone to have the enigmah modchip soldered, which will cost me $30.00 (both way shipping) + $30.00 (chip) + $40 (install) = $100.00, as opposed to $50 (x-ecuter, shipped) + $10.00 (soldering equipment) = $60.00.

No brainer.

GTac01

• Archived User
Pc-bioxx Vs. X-ecuter ?
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2002, 12:16:00 PM »

Well, i am SORRY, ive never touched a soldering iron ever either, but danm, there is some people in my family who have!.  and correct soldering equipment with all u need is 20 bucks at xecutermods.com, so for u to have a xecuter in ur xbox would be at least 80 bucks( 60 xecuter shipped, 25 equipment shipped) and even if u did it, u cant beat a xbox that doesnt have a modchip, and is flasheable whenever u want, thing that xecuter doesnt do, ur gonna have a chip that is married to the mobo and all that has is a beta evox bios in it. But dont forget, whatever u do dont send it to anybody, just an advice as long as you can do it urself or a friend. I lost my xbox that way. For the security of it i would install a xecuter JUST because i can do it myself.

madcake

• Archived User
Pc-bioxx Vs. X-ecuter ?
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2002, 02:02:00 AM »

Sorry to disappoint you pal,

but the x-ecuter doesnt carry a evolution-X beta bios. It's a own, custom-made bios, carrying all the patches available at the moment. You wont find a evo-X "beta bios" that has hdd patch, no-eject patch and game-no-patch hack all at the same time.

Why does everybody think it's a evo-X bios? Just  because the hdd patch?

-madcake

Hammy

• Archived User
Pc-bioxx Vs. X-ecuter ?
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2002, 06:44:00 AM »

Thats right guys.

I was holding back for the X-ecutor mod as there said 1 wire and i saw that it was 1 wire plus some other solder points which i thought were aesy but when i thought about flashing there mod and there was no easy way to do it i just went and got my xbox modded my a homebrew flashed with EvolutionX bios and i an wrapped as it is working great and if i were to go and buy a mod i would go for open xbox as you can flash any bios you want biggrin.gif

PLUTO 3.14

• Archived User
Pc-bioxx Vs. X-ecuter ?
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2002, 08:16:00 AM »

U guys do realize that untill PC-BioXX gets a US supplier, the cost of a PC-BioXX is twice as much as and X-Ecurter....

X-Ecuter is about $60 with shipping and PC-BioXX is about $110 cause of shipping from Germany (Acording to my source)....

I would still wait a bit longer for us to find out all the short commings of both products...

From what I've seen of the PC-BioXX English Installation Guide V.1.00;  It will be alot more complicated than the X-Ecuter...  Specially if they don't pre-solder the wire's on the mod...  I beleive there will be a lot of fried MB's...  I would suggest having someone experince do it for u...  Just a friendly warning!!!

U can downloaded your self here:  PC-BioXX English Installation Guide V. 1.00

To bad the EvoX crew has not release an all in one EvoX Bios, that would make things easier  on all of us...  But the EvoX crew already did what most of us thought was imposible...  Props to all developers...  Making it hard on us to choose which is the best....  Later dry.gif

pmow

• Archived User
Pc-bioxx Vs. X-ecuter ?
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2002, 09:03:00 AM »

QUOTE (GTac01 @ Jul 28 2002, 01:16 PM)
But dont forget, whatever u do dont send it to anybody, just an advice as long as you can do it urself or a friend. I lost my xbox that way. For the security of it i would install a xecuter JUST because i can do it myself.

I have sent and know a few people thta have sent theirs to premodded.com, and I'm sure genomods.com also is reputable enough to take your xboxes and mod them.

As for the Pc-BioXX, it's the one to get.  I'd get it, even with the hefty price tag.  Since I have an Xtender1.0, I can wait till it gets cheaper...

lc204

• Archived User
Pc-bioxx Vs. X-ecuter ?
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2002, 10:29:00 AM »

If you can wait a month or more, then go for openxbox(pc-bioxx).  If you want something sooner and pay less, go for x-ecuter then.  BTW, you will need the no eject and game no-patch hack eventually.  The media player and other software uses the no eject hack so you can put in another dvd without it resetting and some games won't run without the no-patch hack.  You can wait for someone to hack the x-ecuter bios so you can use it on openxbox, but who knows when that'll happen.

PLUTO 3.14

• Archived User
Pc-bioxx Vs. X-ecuter ?
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2002, 11:04:00 AM »

I would still wait for a PC-BioXX US reseller.  I won't pay $50 extra just for shipping....  Well, I just read that LikSang just started taking pre-orders for $59  here:  LikSang Pre-Order PC-BioXX
(But I don't know how much they charge for shipping)

I would also wait for someone to release the X-Ecuter Bios... I think it should be compatible with PC-BioXX since the soldering points look almost identical to me (I might be wrong)....  Just be careful not to get a fake one... like the X-tender 1.3

Also remenber that there is a PC-BioXX clone that might be out soon, I hope it's a real clone and that it works the same or better and cheaper....  Check it out:  X-Pert  (But they will also need US resellers, since they are base in the UK)

There might be an alternative Bios out there...  They just release a Linux Bios...  and although I don't think it has all the features we wan't... Yet.. U can read more about it here:  Linux BIOS

The no-patch hack is needed, specially if u'r going to "back-up" games...  And the no-eject hack is needed to run homebrew progs like media players and future progs... K

We should know by mid August if they can hack the X-Ecuter Bios and if it's compatible with the PC-BioXX....  And they should have a US supplier by then... Hopefully...  cool.gif

PLUTO 3.14

• Archived User
Pc-bioxx Vs. X-ecuter ?
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2002, 12:33:00 PM »

laugh.gif   Acording to Lik-Sang "The tool is expected to be in stock in about a month, the official release date has been set to September 9 to be on the safe side. A beta version of this tool has been produced for the German market already, expect further functions for the final version as well as further/changed software."

So I would definetly wait for the Final Version......  Did anybody else knew that what your paying $110 is a beta ??? tongue.gif

CoolSpy

• Archived User
Pc-bioxx Vs. X-ecuter ?
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2002, 03:14:00 PM »

Ok thx for all your thoughts guys ... i will definetely wait for the PC-BioXX final to be released.

X-Ecuter seems not to be the right mod chip to get after all. And i am still wondering how to desolder it lol, well, who cares .. let's all get PC-BioXX or the new clone from the UK biggrin.gif

This sucks that we gotta wait 1 more month sad.gif

karl

• Archived User
Pc-bioxx Vs. X-ecuter ?
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2002, 03:15:00 PM »

i have bioxx installed and works a treat, why bother about the other mods that have nearly all the spec but are just a little short, never pays to pay just a bit less and get a lot less, im not trying to to tell u shit i just know that this does all my xbox game collection very nice , with no shit problems like the ps2 mod chip scene has , and works perfect! biggrin.gif

PLUTO 3.14

• Archived User
Pc-bioxx Vs. X-ecuter ?
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2002, 07:14:00 PM »

cool.gif K, got the shipping cost from Lik-Sang....    

So just choose your shipping and add $59 for total price....
(Just thought u guys wanted to know the best price uptodate)
I would wait for a US dealer, by Sept. they should have one close by.. K

It's the following:

"Please select your preferred shipping method:

Shipping via GLOBAL PRIORITY: $6.00 (~46.80 HKD)
Absolutely recommended for smaller shipments alternatively to courier services. Global Priority shipments take around 5 to 14 days to arrive, depending on your destination. Global Priority shipments cannot be tracked online. There is no brokerage charge involved as Carriers such as UPS or FedEx may claim for in certain countries!

Shipping via AIRMAIL: $9.00 (~70.20 HKD)
Recommended for smaller and non urgent shipments alternatively to courier services.
Airmail shipments can take around 7 to 30 days depending on your destination.
Airmail shipments cannot be tracked online.

Shipping via EMS: $16.00 (~124.80 HKD)
Courier shipping service, usually takes around 3 to 4 days to major destinations.
Shipments cannot be tracked online globally.

Shipping via FEDEX: $18.00 (~140.40 HKD)
Fast courier shipping service, usually takes around one to three days to major destinations.
Shipments can be tracked online. Recommended!

Shipping via UPS: $19.00 (~148.20 HKD)
Fast courier shipping service, usually takes around 1 to 3 days to major destinations.
Shipments can be tracked online. Highly recommended!" wink.gif

Duece

• Archived User
Pc-bioxx Vs. X-ecuter ?
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2002, 10:32:00 AM »

QUOTE (PLUTO 3.14 @ Jul 29 2002, 09:16 AM)
U guys do realize that untill PC-BioXX gets a US supplier, the cost of a PC-BioXX is twice as much as and X-Ecurter....

X-Ecuter is about $60 with shipping and PC-BioXX is about $110 cause of shipping from Germany (Acording to my source)....

I would still wait a bit longer for us to find out all the short commings of both products...

From what I've seen of the PC-BioXX English Installation Guide V.1.00;  It will be alot more complicated than the X-Ecuter...  Specially if they don't pre-solder the wire's on the mod...  I beleive there will be a lot of fried MB's...  I would suggest having someone experince do it for u...  Just a friendly warning!!!

U can downloaded your self here:  PC-BioXX English Installation Guide V. 1.00

To bad the EvoX crew has not release an all in one EvoX Bios, that would make things easier  on all of us...  But the EvoX crew already did what most of us thought was imposible...  Props to all developers...  Making it hard on us to choose which is the best....  Later dry.gif

Which Wiring Diagram is right?  The one posted on this link, or the one on this site.  I have already wired my console for the PC-BiosXX and would hate to have to change it as the wires are in place and I am waiting on my chip.

GTac01

• Archived User
Pc-bioxx Vs. X-ecuter ?
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2002, 10:33:00 AM »

WOW y not buy it, not bad.
Pages: [1] 2