xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Messed Up My Xbox Trying To Install Spider  (Read 149 times)

manfromgreenwich

• Archived User
Messed Up My Xbox Trying To Install Spider
« on: March 31, 2006, 03:23:00 PM »

I tried to install the spider 1.1 on a 2003 xbox.  It did not work.  I removed the spider sent it back to divino.. and now the xbox is fragging   3 boots red and green.  I don't know what to do at this point.  I hope I did not damge the xbox trying to get D0 to work.  Any clues how to help.  Considering geting a Duox 2.. .would that fix my trouble?  Thanks

manfromgreenwich

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2006, 10:28:00 AM »

Can anyone help??

nickkearnsuk

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2006, 03:28:00 AM »

Hi if you xbox is fragging with out a chip in it then i would say you motherboard has a problem i am not sure if this could be fixed but you can get replacment motherboards on ebay for around £45

i have seen peeps offring a repair service on ebay as well search for xbox motherboard on ebay and you will see a few options, make sure you know what version xbox you have as you will need to get the right motherboard to put back in. here is a link that will tell you how to tell what version you have

http://www.xbox-scen.../versions_1.php

Regards

Nick  rolleyes.gif

Chancer

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2006, 09:16:00 AM »

Sounds like you did damage the board during removal. You will need to repair the damage first. If you can't I can but you may be too far away so would need to ship it

manfromgreenwich

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2006, 10:59:00 AM »

Diveino.cn is replacing that spider chip with a blue duo x 2 that should, I hope fix the problem.  I should be getting it next week.  So I will solder it in and see what happens.  I will keep you guys posted.

Viva La Sam

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2006, 03:44:00 PM »

its nice that they are doing that. i bought mine from modchip store and when it wouldnt work due to being faulty, they wouldnt help us out. then i ended buying another one which i am going to solder in. i hope your xbox turns out ok.