xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Spiderchip V1.1 Gone Bad..please Help !  (Read 179 times)

delte7

• Archived User
Spiderchip V1.1 Gone Bad..please Help !
« on: March 07, 2006, 04:39:00 PM »

Have an xbox 1.4 -1.5. Pretty sure the EEPROM was bad as well as the hard drive.  Got it free from a friend and figured it would be a great way to learn before I started hacking my personal Xbox that works.  Anyway, when I got the xbox from my friend it was (FRAG)ing. This is what I have done so far.

1)   Put in a spider chip v1.1 (yeah, I now that was my first mistake)
a)   Finally got it working and to boot to Cromwell screen.
2)   Used the instructions from http://www.hackdabox.com/
3)   Burned a DVD-R disk with X2 4981.06 bios (256k). Burned at 1X.
a)   Had to crack open my personal xbox to use the dvd drive as it had a Samsung drive and was able to read the DVD-R.
4)   During the bios flash it lasted about 3seconds and rebooted. (I must say I was excited and thought I was on my way)
5)   I am now back to where I started from, xbox FRAG’s when powered up.

I’m not sure where to go from here??  Was thinking maybe the DVD and HD needed to be hooked up but not sure that is a good assumption.

Also, Still need to figure out how I’m going to restore the HD image (I have a couple 10GB HD lying around).  Have heard that Slayer is a good one.

Anyway, would greatly appreciate any assistance with where to go from here

anthonyl79

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2006, 07:02:00 PM »

I see that you said that you had the HD and DVD unhooked, correct?
      I would hook both of those back and see what you get.
I know that mine gives me a FRAG when I dont have the two hooked up and I am running the same bios that you flashed yours with.

I like the slayers auto installer. I have had good luck with it, and it does give you the option to restore a drive to factory. Good luck and let us know what happens.

delte7

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2006, 07:01:00 PM »

I did go ahead and give that a shot (hooked up HD and DVD).  Still didnt work  sad.gif .  The Spiderchip is toast now and the only way to possibly fix it is to hotswap and re-flash.  I dont have another chip so I'm in the process of returning it.  I have a Xenium Gold on order that should ship any day.  

I've read good things about the Slayer Installer.  Just not sure where to find it.  Do I need to buy it or can it be downloaded from xbins?  Anyway, patiently waiting for my Xenium to come in  biggrin.gif .

delte7

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2006, 06:43:00 AM »

Found Slayer Evox info....Thx

This post has been edited by delte7: Mar 13 2006, 02:44 PM