xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Spiderchip--xbox 1.6 Turning On/off  (Read 170 times)

x3350

• Archived User
Spiderchip--xbox 1.6 Turning On/off
« on: February 14, 2006, 08:04:00 PM »

Hey...

Recently I ordered a SpiderChip 1.1. I placed the unit into a 1.6 xbox and installed it correctly (as I have done over 5 times in the past). The xbox unit powered on and off 3 times before dropping back to a
red/green flashing light with no output on the screen. With the modchip removed, the xbox functions as normal. I also attempted to install the chip in a 1.2 xbox using the E wire as displayed in the tutorial, yet it also did the same.

During my very first spiderchip installation ( a few months ago) I failed to socket the chip properly on the LPC bus, the result was this same pattern. This indicates to me that the chip isnt installed properly, yet the modchip has been installed exactly as the spiderchip tutorial displays, which is the same way I have also modded 4 other xbox's without problem. This leads me to believe that the modchip may be faulty. As both xbox's work. I have a modded xbox here, also a 1.6, with a working spiderchip, and when I insert this newly recieved spiderchip, it displays these symptons as well. Replacing the old spiderchip causes the xbox unit to power up and work normally...

After a few hours of trying different things.. I noticed this:

Switch on spiderchip on: xbox power cycles as described above
Switch on spiderchip OFF: spiderchip LED is on, switch LED is off, xbox boots as normal to ms dashboard.

So the on/off switch works. Ive triple and quadruple checked the connections.. all is well.... I think the chip is just refusing to initialize.

jamesr66a

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2006, 06:12:00 PM »

I Have the exact same problem! Someone please reply.

HackDaBox

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2006, 02:44:00 AM »

QUOTE(x3350 @ Feb 15 2006, 01:35 PM) View Post

Hey...
Recently I ordered a SpiderChip 1.1. I placed the unit into a 1.6 xbox and installed it correctly (as I have done over 5 times in the past). The xbox unit powered on and off 3 times before dropping back to a
red/green flashing light with no output on the screen. With the modchip removed, the xbox functions as normal. I also attempted to install the chip in a 1.2 xbox using the E wire as displayed in the tutorial, yet it also did the same.

During my very first spiderchip installation ( a few months ago) I failed to socket the chip properly on the LPC bus, the result was this same pattern. This indicates to me that the chip isnt installed properly, yet the modchip has been installed exactly as the spiderchip tutorial displays, which is the same way I have also modded 4 other xbox's without problem. This leads me to believe that the modchip may be faulty. As both xbox's work. I have a modded xbox here, also a 1.6, with a working spiderchip, and when I insert this newly recieved spiderchip, it displays these symptons as well. Replacing the old spiderchip causes the xbox unit to power up and work normally...

After a few hours of trying different things.. I noticed this:

Switch on spiderchip on: xbox power cycles as described above
Switch on spiderchip OFF: spiderchip LED is on, switch LED is off, xbox boots as normal to ms dashboard.

So the on/off switch works. Ive triple and quadruple checked the connections.. all is well.... I think the chip is just refusing to initialize.

H e l l o  T h e r e  ! ! !

Well why not boot from your good spider in an older xbox ( v1.2 ) and then after it has booted the HackDaBox Reflash Cd then swap the chip with the new bad one and then flash it. Now test the new chip and if it works then put it in the V1.6. Please remember to choose V1.6 even though you have the chip in a V1.2 as it will be living in a V1.6. The V1.6 bios will boot on the V1.2 ands it is safe to use a V1.6 bios on a V1.2 for a short period of time for testing purposes !

HackDaBox's Hotswap To Flash Tutorial

HackDaBox !