xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Help! Can´t Reboot  (Read 237 times)

BrentPriit

• Archived User
Help! Can´t Reboot
« on: January 31, 2006, 09:11:00 AM »

Im having trouble rebooting. I finally got the friggin chip to hold in one place but whenever I want to reboot or change from one game to another, my box wont start up again. When I turn on my box it will work for as long as I want but when I turn it off and the on again , it wont boot, instead it just flashes the blue sperchip led and then nothing. In order to play again or turn my box on again , I have to wait for a while and then try again to turn it on. Anyone else had this problem ???

zagnuttt4

• Archived User
Help! Can´t Reboot
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2006, 10:23:00 AM »

Hi Brent..

Before I was blessed with my refund, I too had that same problem..  But I would only have to wait several seconds and then I could turn my Xbox back on and the chip would boot...  take it back!!  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

BrentPriit

• Archived User
Help! Can´t Reboot
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2006, 05:26:00 PM »

So you think its the chip thats causing the reboot crap not the box itself ?

zagnuttt4

• Archived User
Help! Can´t Reboot
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2006, 05:44:00 PM »

Hi Brent...   What version is your Xbox?  Are you using the 5 legs (1.6) or just the 1 leg? (older versions)?  Anyways..  Here's what problems I had with my SpiderGX.  I installed mine in a 1.6.  Got all 5 legs in the holes pretty much no problems.. all LED's on.  Set my banks up right.. fired it up.  Got into the SpiderOS..  flashed the 512 bank with X2 5035.  That worked right.  After that I could boot to the X2 bios and play backups, etc..  Never could run or load any apps.  Anyways...  If I were to shut down the xbox (say, for example, during gameplay), I would literally have to wait like 4 or 5 seconds before turning it back on, in order for it to boot correctly again.  I'm assuming this is what yours is doing as well?  How long do you have to wait before you turn the xbox back on again and you're actually booting into a BIOS again?  What BIOS do you have on there?  I can only begin to guess at the exact reasons for this problem, alls I know is the SpiderGX is probably at fault, and not the xbox.  I finally got sick of mine and sent it back.. since then I've done 2 DuoX2 Lite's on older xboxes and an Xecuter3 CE on a 1.6...  all of them work PERFECTLY.  Pretty soon I plan on doing a DuoX2 Lite on a 1.6 as well. However I can understand the lure of the Spider since it is solderless and (fairly) easy to install...  That's why I bought the SpiderGX as my 1st modchip ever.  But I really wish I wouldn't have...  For what it's worth, at first when I bought my X3 I also got the solderless adapter for it  (Xapt3r 1.6) and ended up breaking one of the legs off the thing.. so just decided to solder it.  I'm glad I did.

BrentPriit

• Archived User
Help! Can´t Reboot
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2006, 08:09:00 AM »

Blah I don´t have GS I have 1.1 with xbox v. 1.3 smile.gif

zagnuttt4

• Archived User
Help! Can´t Reboot
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2006, 09:05:00 AM »

I understand..  so you installed a Spiderchip 1.1 on a version 1.3 xbox..  it's probably still the chip!!!  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)  Honestly though I'm not sure..  I just know that I had trouble with my SpiderGX..  and lots of others seem to have trouble with their Spiderchips and SpiderGX's on all versions of xbox's, so it's very possible that the chip is to blame.  Of course many things could factor into it, so I won't pretend to know what is wrong if I don't really know...   You're probably still better off getting a different chip though   lol

HackDaBox

• Archived User
Help! Can´t Reboot
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2006, 05:08:00 PM »

QUOTE(BrentPriit @ Feb 3 2006, 02:16 AM) View Post

Blah I don´t have GS I have 1.1 with xbox v. 1.3 smile.gif

What bios ar you running ?

HackDaBox !

BrentPriit

• Archived User
Help! Can´t Reboot
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2006, 05:24:00 AM »

evoX v+3935

oh and btw I can reboot from evox menu but I cant turn off box and then turn it on. Same applies when I have a game cd in and I want to change it...some games make the box  reboot when eject button is pressed but others dont and thats where the problem kicks in.

HackDaBox

• Archived User
Help! Can´t Reboot
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2006, 07:49:00 PM »

Evox 3935 is a dashboard version number. This is the operating system ( the menu ) and has nothing to do with your bios. It gets confusing becuase there is a Evox Bios and a Evox Dashboard. The dashboard should be referred to EvolutionX to save the confusion.

Try reflashing your bios with my HackDaBox Reflash Cd and see if the problem remains.

HackDaBox !