xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Stuck After Successful Chip Boot  (Read 159 times)

chief7

• Archived User
Stuck After Successful Chip Boot
« on: January 20, 2006, 09:47:00 PM »

Well I followed the tut by HackDaBox but struggled with booting the chip on the xbox until I unscrewed the chip and just pushed the chip down.  The screw hole on the Spider chip doesn't not line up properly with the screw hole on the motherboard.  This was not my idea, but can't find the post that suggested it.  Props to whowever that was.

This may not work long term for those who want a permanent solution.  I am only using the chip to fix a softmod, so it works for me.

Anway, I can boot into the bios on the chip but can not go anywhere from there.  I thought once the chip booted it would then boot a slayer's disc but it doesn't.  It comes up with what looks like boot options.  (ie.  "Load BIOS from disc", "Load  BIOS from hdd")  I don't wish to flash the chip.  The only thing I really need is to get the hdd key.

How do I load slayers?

MMXMonster

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2006, 12:46:00 AM »

What your seeing is normal... it's called the flash bios. You need to find the bios thats correct for you version of Xbox. Flash the chip the other available bank on the chip (Don't flash to the bank you boot from just in case something goes wrong you have a way back into the chip) Just buying the chip and installing it doesn't mean your done. The bios that is shipped with the chip is the ONLY legal bios available. All others are copyrighted and can't be put on the chip and sold. Thats your job. You can get the bios from the usual places. If you still stuck just IM me by looking for my name on AIM.

Welcome to the Darkside of modding, your almost there.

chief7

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2006, 07:15:00 AM »

Great thanks.

HackDaBox

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2006, 09:23:00 AM »

Yeah you have to flash the bios before it will boot slayers !

HackDaBox !

chief7

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2006, 08:03:00 PM »

Alright I have flashed the chip with the X2 4981.06 bios like the hackdabox tut says.  everything went fine and when I boot with the chip on it shows the "xecuter2" logo under the big X, but it won't boot the slayer's cd.  It just hangs on that screen.

how do i get the slayers disc to boot?

HackDaBox

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2006, 10:42:00 PM »

This is not a BIOS problem, it is a media problem. Try burning at a lower speed using DVD Decrypter.

Download DVD Decrypter from ( www.HackDaBox.com in the downloads section ) and install it. Right click on the Slayer's ISO file and choose Open With - DVD Decrypter. Insert a DVD-R or CDRW. DVD-R works best on all models but CDRW works on most. Don't use cdr as they don't work on xbox. Choose 1X Write speed and click burn.

HackDaBox !