xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Reflash Spiderchip 1.1 To Use In Older Xbox  (Read 133 times)

jrl2222

• Archived User
Reflash Spiderchip 1.1 To Use In Older Xbox
« on: January 19, 2006, 11:54:00 PM »

Okay I have had my spiderchip in my v1.6 xbox for almost a year now it has an upgraded harddrive so I have an extra stock drive. I just got, from my brother-in-law, a v1.0 xbox with a dead harddrive. I would like to install my spiderchip in the v1.0 xbox so I can install the extra drive in it and hopefully using config magic make it work without the chip.
Anyways back to my question... can I flash the spiderchip in the v1.6 xbox with the X2 4981.06 bios for the v1.0 box? Then after the drive swap(if that works) can I reflash Evox M8 Plus V16 back to the chip while it's in the v1.0 box so I can put it back in the 1.6 where it belongs?

HackDaBox

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2006, 04:54:00 AM »

Hello there ...

Yes you can and Yes you can.

HackDaBox !

jrl2222

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2006, 10:07:00 AM »

Well it didn't work. I used your reflash cd to flash the chip for xbox v1.0 and now I get a FRAG in both boxes. With the chip out of the v1.0 box I get the flubber animation and then the service error because of the bad drive. With it in FRAG. I used chancers page HERE to check my LPC solder job and I have good continuity between all locations I made sure that both else had continuity except the location I was checking. Location A to A, B to B, and so on. The chip seemed to flash fine and the box turned off when it was done. I do have an option to get a buddies 1.6 xbox that I chipped a few weeks ago and reflash my chip but my question is...what could be wrong?

jrl2222

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2006, 11:25:00 PM »

Umm that should read "I made sure nothing else had continuity" Not "both else"

HackDaBox

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2006, 04:36:00 AM »

It should of worked but then again we are talking Spiders here right !  OK grab your budies xbox and reflash yours back to Evox M8 Plus V1.6 ( use my reflash cd ). Give your buddies box back. Boot your chip in the V1.0 ( i know it has the wrong bios but it will work and a few boots wont hurt - long term use in an older box is dangerous but not short term use )

No need to reflash .. do your hotswap and your sweet !

HackDaBox !

PS Sorry i didn't give you this advice first !

jrl2222

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2006, 06:32:00 AM »

Oh really? I almost did try it that way too but figured it just wouldn't boot in the v1.0 with the newer bios. will the x2 bios also work on the v1.6? Or will it not doing anything? Just wondering because if it will work then I know for sure it's a bad flash.

HackDaBox

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2006, 09:03:00 AM »

No the X2 4981 will NOT work on a V1.6  sad.gif

HackDaBox !