xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Spider Gx On 1.6 Xbox. Frag  (Read 164 times)

tommycornelio

• Archived User
Spider Gx On 1.6 Xbox. Frag
« on: January 20, 2006, 04:51:00 AM »

I just installed the spider gx onto my 1.6 console yesterday, All lights were on, i connected the main PCB to the Black front panel PCB. Turned it to the on position and xbox loaded onto the Spider GX OS. Once i got in there i flashed bank 1 with the M8 PLUS 16 256K BIOS. I manually rebooted my xbox and i then got a black screen, could do nothing. I disconnected the wire going to the Black Front PCB and my xbox would load up again to the Spider GX OS. If i connect the wire and turn the chip on the light flashes green/red and does nothing. On the other hand if i turn it off and change the dip switches it loads onto the Spider GX OS whilst the front pcb is on the off position. I have already flashed bank 3 via http with the X2 5035 V1.6 512K BIOS. But i cant get it to load.

I could use a little help here, how can i make my xbox load again whilst the front pcb is in the on position and why wont the damn chip load the x2 5035 bios i loaded onto bank 3?

beutel

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2006, 05:37:00 AM »

with m8 i also had this prob, just don't use it.
after you installed the x2, did you copy the x2config.ini to your hdd drive ?
without that your x2 will not boot.

This post has been edited by beutel: Jan 21 2006, 01:37 PM

tommycornelio

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2006, 06:02:00 AM »

Ive tried everything it wont work. Now i only get 5 lights in total lighting up not the inicial 6 lights. The red D0 Wire will not light up even though it is installed perfectly. I probably have a faulty chip correct? Im thinking of returing it and buying the new solderless xenium ice, what do you guys think?

HackDaBox

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2006, 09:15:00 AM »

DO IT , Grab a xenium Spice and enjoy the difference !

HackDaBox !

tommycornelio

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2006, 07:36:00 PM »

Thanks for the advice, i will do just that (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

zagnuttt4

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2006, 03:41:00 PM »

Tommy,

My SpiderGX does the same thing.  After you flash bank 1, bank 3 will need to be RE-flashed with the X2 to get bank 3 to boot again.  smile.gif  Don't ask me why..  I just know that mine does the same thing.  Flashing bank 1 screws up bank 3.  It's the chip's fault.  Also, for what it's worth...  the X2 is the ONLY BIOS I've EVER gotten to work, this entire time, with my SpiderGX on my 1.6 console.    I would take hack's advice and grab a xenium..  or solder in a DuoX2.  Use wires, not the LPC rebuild board.  Later...     -zag