xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Spiderchip 1.1 Fraging After Bios Flash  (Read 103 times)

tormoddf

• Archived User
Spiderchip 1.1 Fraging After Bios Flash
« on: December 10, 2005, 01:52:00 PM »

I'm such a doofus. Just realized that bios doesn't work on 1.6. I guess I'm stuck with ordering a spider programmer, or hotswapping with my other box.

HackDaBox

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2005, 08:22:00 PM »

Hello there,

Here is a quote from www.HackDaBox.com ...

99% of all bad installs are from poor soldering or flashing the wrong bios file.

Don't ordet the USB programmer as it doesn't work. Either return the chip for replacement or hotswap it following my guide  here

HackDaBox !

HackDaBox

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2005, 05:39:00 AM »

QUOTE(tormoddf @ Dec 11 2005, 10:42 PM) View Post

Thanks for the tips - but what do you mean the programmer doesn't work? Does it never work? Should I cancel as fast as I can, or is there a chance it could work?

Hotswapping isn't really an option, considering my other xbox doesn't have a pinheader chip. It's a solderless matrix/xodus. Unless I can still hotswap using that?

Sending the chip back isn't really an option either as it's my goal to have it ready for christmas.

Worst case scenario if there's no way to get the programmer to work is to get someone local to solder another chip in, I suppose. sad.gif

Cancel as fast as possible ! Where do you live ?

HackDaBox !

HackDaBox

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2005, 02:33:00 PM »

beerchug.gif

Cheers !

HackDaBox !

michael_j_w

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2005, 02:25:00 AM »

Hey i have inherited a simular issue, a spyder 1.1 with the wrong bios.  I have a v1.6b xbox that i put a xecuter 3ce into (pin-header install).  I have read your tutorial you mentioned above and was wondering, how do i plug the spyderchip into the pin header. do i remove the pogo's and put a plug in their place or do i plug it into the plug on the top of the spyderchip? if i use the plug on top of the chip how do i line up the pins? (ie, pin 1 to lpc pin 1 or pin 1 to another lpc pin?)  thank you vary much for your time and assistance.