xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Is It The Tsop?  (Read 35 times)

Chado

• Archived User
Is It The Tsop?
« on: November 01, 2004, 05:41:00 PM »

Hello!

I need someone with expirence that can answer this question.
I did an install for a friend. Mine went smoothly. His for some reason his didn't. I was installing NMP v2 and I walked away from the Xbox. When I came back, the screen was goofed up and there was a weird sound. I rebooted the Xbox and the SmartXX OS came up. I selected my BIOS and the Xbox power cycled 3x then blinked Red/Orange. After through examination and a little clean up, I got the thing to reboot 3x then FRAG (not red/orange). The SmartXX OS screen still comes up. Here is the strange part. When the Xbox is blinking Red/Green I can press the eject button and the Flubber comes up but when it comes to the view of the "X" it freezes then makes a loud sound.
I cannot flash the chip but network IP and other stuff comes up right. I cannot access the HDD through the tool in the OS. Also flashing it seems not to work via CD or LAN. I have tried toi restore the EEprom and it doesn't change.
Any suggestions?
Thanks
Chado

FallsInc

• Archived User
Is It The Tsop?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2004, 10:46:00 AM »

to access blocked menus, you hold bother triggers, then navigate up to where you want to be.

sounds like a bad bios or something. reset the bank config, and then flash the chip again with a fresh bios, from xbins. not torrents or anything... get it from xbins

Chado

• Archived User
Is It The Tsop?
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2004, 11:58:00 AM »

Thanks for the help.
Yeah I know all of that. I hold the triggers and press A and nothing comes up. The Xbox then freezes and I have to restart it. What else could it be? Possibly a lifted trace?
Thanks again
Chado.

Chado

• Archived User
Is It The Tsop?
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2004, 02:31:00 PM »

I think you missed the point dude. I can't do anything. Anyway thanks for nothing really.
Anyone with a good number of posts/expirence know?