xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Can't Load Dashboard  (Read 54 times)

blindguyinanorgy

• Archived User
Can't Load Dashboard
« on: September 14, 2004, 01:21:00 PM »

do not use telnet!  downlaod a ftp client such as flash fixp.  dont forget when ed is running all you will see is a pic of a penquin and your power button led will be orange(some people mess up by expecting it to do something fancy)

ericallenpaul

• Archived User
Can't Load Dashboard
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2004, 10:24:00 AM »

I am not using telnet to try and load anything. I only used it as a Diagnostic tool to try and figure out why FTP isn't running.
I still can't FTP into the box. I can't get an alternate dashboard loaded via FTP or CDR. I have a perfectly operatiing Xbox with a hacked bios and an 80GB hard drive and I can't seem to do anything that I didn't do before the Mod chip was installed.

nikeskateboarding.net

• Archived User
Can't Load Dashboard
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2004, 08:23:00 AM »

Okay sounds like a couple of problems here, one as I have heard Maxtor 80gigs blow in the system, 2 if you can not connect try alternative method, like your internet explorer for that matter a tutorial can tell you how on x-s homepage, anyhow try this and let us know your results

FallsInc

• Archived User
Can't Load Dashboard
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2004, 09:24:00 PM »

ok, did you format the hard drive?
do you have a bios flashed on?
do you have an IP. sometimes you need to go into the network options area, and just hit save, and it get an IP, you need to do this to use ED as well