xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Duox2 & Duox2 Lite On V1.0 Boxes.....  (Read 96 times)

00g

• Archived User
Duox2 & Duox2 Lite On V1.0 Boxes.....
« on: January 12, 2006, 05:08:00 AM »

Xbox 1:
V1.0
300gb HDD
DuoX2
X2_5032 BIOS

Xbox 2:
V1.0
120gb HDD
DuoX2 Lite
X2_5032 BIOS

Xbox 1 obviously needs an F: and a G: But when I try to do this with XBPartitioner, it shows that it worked, but when it's all up and running, the G: isn't accessible.

Xbox 2 will be used primarily as a server. But occasionally for games as well. Gentoox will be installed natively onto the F:, which will make the F: invisible to the Xbox. This means I really won't be able to use this box to backup and games. So what I'd like to do is make a G: with about 8gb so that I can rip a game to it, and then FTP it off to the PC. Is this possible? Or maybe even just make the E: bigger?

Do I need to use a different BIOS?

seriouslysilly

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2006, 06:58:00 AM »

as far as xbox1, I would use x2_5035.67  this bios formats the HD into f: and g:
after you flash the chip with this bios, you'll have to format the HD.
after loading the contents back into the HD, you'll either see f:137, g:0 or f:137, g:remaining gb (make sure the g: drive is enabled in your dashboard).
if you see that g: has 0gb, don't worry, you just have to format just the g: drive.  I've used unleash to format the g: drive when it doesn't show any space after the first format.

00g

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2006, 06:11:00 PM »

I downloaded XBTool, and it worked for Xbox 1.

I'm looking for a spare power cord so I can play with Xbox 2.

I wonder if I can make whatever partitions I want once I have that BIOS installed.....

00g

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2006, 08:41:00 PM »

In regards to Xbox #2, I managed to make an 8gb G:

XBMC recognized the 8gb G: I was able to FTP a song to it, and play it from there....but once I put GentooX back on the F (natively) it made my G: go bye-bye.

00g

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2006, 10:52:00 PM »

(I'm updating this just incase someone who has the same issue runs across this thread....in other words, in hopes that the Google search goes away)

Ok. I've re-flashed the DuoX2 Lite with the 5032 BIOS edited with XB2OOL to make F: 137, and G: gets the rest.

I then formatted the drive with A.I.D. 2.11 Final.
I then ran XBPartitioner, added a G: and made it 8gb.

From there I did the rest of the install as normal, but rather than doing a native install for GentooX, I did a F: install. This left my G: as is, but it also limited my max character length of my file names.

So long story short....you either get normal file names, no space for anything else, or you have to edit all your filenames, and have room for ripping games.