xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbox 1.6 Turns On And Off  (Read 93 times)

i_albarran

• Archived User
Xbox 1.6 Turns On And Off
« on: September 26, 2005, 09:14:00 AM »

hi to everyone, i hope someone could help me with this one

i recently install a duox2 white on 1.6a mobo, it was working ok for about an hour then the xbox went off, then on for 1 min. then off again, when i push the power and eject button nothing happened, after i unpluged the power cable i heard a "fade out" scratch on the tv speaker, if i plug the power back the it turns on by it self for a litle while then the same issue repeats. I wait about an hour to try again and i was able to use the power and eject buttons again, but after 30 mins, the xbox repeat the symptom.

Please help me  :(

v1perfan

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2005, 07:22:00 PM »

Hi,

It sounds like the culprit may be a weak connection between your modchip and your motherboard.  When the motherboard heats up, it expands which would result in poor/loss of connectivity bectween the soldered components.  When it cools off, the contacts shrink an re-establish connection.

Check all of your soldered joints to ensure they are properly soldered.  Also ensure there isn't any excess flux touching any other components.

antz1970

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2005, 07:29:00 PM »

check your bt connection sounds like you may have caused some damage.

v1perfan - as far as i know m8 , flux aint conductive
so it wouldnt matter if there was flux touching other components , solder yes , but flux no  :beer:

This post has been edited by antz1970: Sep 27 2005, 02:32 AM

i_albarran

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2005, 04:07:00 PM »

done..

i doble checked the solder on the lpc everything is in order, and i checked other guides for this issue, im thinking that the xyclops is wrong, i know that xyclops has the pic integrated so i will replace it, i already order it, it will be on my place next week.

I hope i can get this mobo working, i will post further advances.

Thanks a lot guys