xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Duox2 Won't Install  (Read 135 times)

Master Bman

• Archived User
Duox2 Won't Install
« on: June 23, 2005, 12:37:00 PM »

Hi, first i wanted to say how much i appreciate the help already given on these forums.  but i cannot seem to find an answer to the problem i am having.  i have a white AMD duox2 chip and i installed it in my version 1.3 xbox whose M$ dash is corrupted.  i have the d0 point soldered to the d0 on the underside of the mother board and the bt point on the underside of the motherboard as well.  i have the bt point on the chip soldered to the ground on the chip.  i have it switched to the first memory bank.  when i plug the console in it turns itself on by itself and the front led is green and after about 2 seconds it shuts off again, showing no video.  it does this about 5 times before staying on and fraging but still no video or audio.  has anyone had this problem before?  i am positive hte d0 point is in correctly but maybe the bt point on the underside of the mother board isn't good?  any one who has experienced similiar problems or can help please, this is very frustrating to me.

ps i have tried to be as specific as possible but if any more details are needed i'd be happy to fill you in.

ModdingManiac

• Archived User
Duox2 Won't Install
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2005, 01:10:00 PM »

. i have the d0 point soldered to the d0 on the underside of the mother board and the bt point on the underside of the motherboard as well. i have the bt point on the chip soldered to the ground on the chip.

I don't know what all this Mess is but all you need to do is connect the D0 from the underside of the motherboard to the D0 pad on the Duox2 chip. The make a nother connection from the BT pad on the Duox2 chip to the BT connection behind the Eject/Power Assembly as seen in the Duox2 diagrams.

If you want the modchip Always On then connect D0 from the underside of the motherboard to ground (like a screwhole or shielding) and the D0 Pad on the chip should not have anything connected to it. Then take a small wire and connect the BT pad on the Duox2 to Pin g(Pin9) on the DuoX2 chip (This Pin is 2 dwon from where the D0 Pad is on the chip)

Master Bman

• Archived User
Duox2 Won't Install
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2005, 01:15:00 PM »

k, just now i connected the bt point to the one behind the eject button and took off that ground connection.  the d0 point isstill connected.  when i press the eject button it boots (or tries to rather) to the M$ dash like it should.  when i hit the power button it turns on and off 1-3 times with no video then frags with no video.  do you think an always on configuration could fix that?

ModdingManiac

• Archived User
Duox2 Won't Install
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2005, 01:22:00 PM »

QUOTE(Master Bman @ Jun 23 2005, 09:26 PM)
k, just now i connected the bt point to the one behind the eject button and took off that ground connection.  the d0 point isstill connected.  when i press the eject button it boots (or tries to rather) to the M$ dash like it should.  when i hit the power button it turns on and off 1-3 times with no video then frags with no video.  do you think an always on configuration could fix that?

Master Bman

• Archived User
Duox2 Won't Install
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2005, 02:04:00 PM »

in the always on setup (bt to g and d0 to ground, no other connections) the chip flashes red and the box boots as normal.  as if there was no chip.but its not fraggin or anything so thats good, right?

btw, is the lpc the pins in that rubber thing?

ModdingManiac

• Archived User
Duox2 Won't Install
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2005, 02:20:00 PM »

Are you sure you are grounding D0 and its making good connection?..If so then the chip must be installed correctly and  preflashed with something becuase if you ground D0 and the install was bad you would get fragging.

Also you are gounding D0 from the motheboard an not the one on the chip right?

Master Bman

• Archived User
Duox2 Won't Install
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2005, 02:24:00 PM »

theres two wires, one that goes from g on the chip to bt on the chip and one that goes from d0 on the chip to screw hole on the mobo.  they are all good connections.  are you saying the chip isnt flashed?  how do i do that then?

Chancer

• Archived User
Duox2 Won't Install
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2005, 02:55:00 PM »

that goes from d0 on the chip to screw hole on the

No you connect the Xbox D0 point to the screwhole

ModdingManiac

• Archived User
Duox2 Won't Install
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2005, 02:57:00 PM »

QUOTE(Master Bman @ Jun 23 2005, 10:35 PM)
theres two wires, one that goes from g on the chip to bt on the chip

HackDaBox

• Archived User
Duox2 Won't Install
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2005, 04:07:00 PM »

This may help as it has pics. please follow this guide ...

http://members.lycos...x2_Install.html

HackDaBox !

Master Bman

• Archived User
Duox2 Won't Install
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2005, 06:21:00 PM »

right now i have it so that bt on the chip is connected to g on the chip.  d0 on the chip is connected to d0 on the motherboard and a screwhole (ground)  if i hit either the power or the eject button the box tunrs on and off three times very quickly then frags.  am i missing someihitng?  i am trying to folow all of the instructions you guys keep giving me.

otherguy

• Archived User
Duox2 Won't Install
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2005, 07:46:00 PM »

well the quote got fucked up in my last post...  but it's still obvious you cant follow directions...  so i will restate everything from this thread

DuoX2 chips need to have their BT pad connected to the G point on the LPC
Connect D0 from the motherboard to a screwhole (there shouldn't anything connected to D0 Pad on the Duox2)
This setup would provide an always on configuration.

you may notice that you've been told NOT to have d0 on the chip touched (as you have it now)

HackDaBox

• Archived User
Duox2 Won't Install
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2005, 05:22:00 AM »

You need to listen to otherguy and follow each instruction if you want to get your install sorted.

You cannot have chip D0 to motherboard D0 and also to ground ! that is wrong !

You can have BT to G on chip and nuthen else !
and D0 on mobo to ground

or

You can have BT on chip to BT on mobo
and D0 on chip to D0 on mobo

HackDaBox !

Master Bman

• Archived User
Duox2 Won't Install
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2005, 07:58:00 AM »

oh sorry, i am trying that right now

Master Bman

• Archived User
Duox2 Won't Install
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2005, 08:22:00 AM »

oh sorry, i am trying that right now

is there like an alternate bt point on the chip cuz mine is kind of...out for the count...

sorry double post
Pages: [1] 2