xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Duox2 Lite  (Read 175 times)

_GhOsT_

• Archived User
Duox2 Lite
« on: June 20, 2005, 03:40:00 PM »

how do i reflash the duox2 lite
i go to evox to try and do it with the x2 5032 bios but it says unknown bios
i can hotswap if need be

Chancer

• Archived User
Duox2 Lite
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2005, 04:06:00 PM »

Why are you reflashing with the X2 bios. I have found  quite a few glitches with it on the ordinary DuoX 2 so you could have problems on the lite. If you are going to use it then at least use 5035 the latest one.
If you are struggling with evox to flash get hold of Eurasia and boot from a eurasia Flash disc the process is automatic this way, it even opens the DVD tray for you and shuts it.
You will need to put your bios on to a seperate disc and make sure it 512K and named bios.bin

_GhOsT_

• Archived User
Duox2 Lite
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2005, 04:19:00 PM »

i already have the disks made but the erasia wont read (dvd drive trys but cant)
so
how do i edit the bios thats on the chip (get rid of teh start up animation)

HackDaBox

• Archived User
Duox2 Lite
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2005, 04:19:00 PM »

Try my HackDaBox DuoX2 Reflash Cd as it can flash the new X2 5035 bios for you but i do not suggest anyone flash a lite with this bios as it's safer if you can flick the bank switch and recover. If you can do a hotswap easily then go ahead.

HackDaBox !

hippo

• Archived User
Duox2 Lite
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2005, 07:17:00 PM »

Doesn't the lite only have one 512k bank regardless of what bios is going on?

novakpower

• Archived User
Duox2 Lite
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2005, 08:37:00 PM »

Your correct the Duo Lite only has one 512k not split.  So you mess up any flash and your doing a hotswap.

_GhOsT_

• Archived User
Duox2 Lite
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2005, 08:37:00 PM »

yes the lite only has one bank (i think thats why its called lite)
the reason why i want to change it is because the bios is making avalaunch think the xbox is a 1.6 when its a 1.4
so it doesnt show teh right temps

novakpower

• Archived User
Duox2 Lite
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2005, 08:39:00 PM »

Use Hack's Duo CD. Should work well, I burn it to a DVD -R and it worked perfectly.

_GhOsT_

• Archived User
Duox2 Lite
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2005, 11:01:00 PM »

made the hack the box reflash cd
im gong to try it on my friends box tomarrow
(didnt realize it was a iso already i was freakin out smile.gif )

Chancer

• Archived User
Duox2 Lite
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2005, 06:48:00 AM »

it can flash the new X2 5035 bios for you but i do not suggest anyone flash a lite with this bios as it's safer if you can flick the bank switch and recover.

Doesn't the lite only have one 512k bank regardless of what bios is going on?

Yes it does but what Hack is saying is its safer on a duox 2 with the extra bank. he is not saying there is a switch on the lite version, just warning that using this bios on a lite and run into problems and there is no recovery other than hotswap, thats why he said he did not suggest flashing with that bios

HackDaBox

• Archived User
Duox2 Lite
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2005, 07:19:00 AM »

QUOTE(Chancer @ Jun 21 2005, 11:59 PM)
Yes it does but what Hack is saying is its safer on a duox 2 with the extra bank. he is not saying there is a switch on the lite version, just warning that using this bios on a lite and run into problems and there is no recovery other than hotswap, thats why he said he did not suggest flashing with that bios

hippo

• Archived User
Duox2 Lite
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2005, 10:23:00 AM »

Again you seem to single out that bios

just warning that using this bios on a lite and run into problems and there is no recovery other than hotswap, thats why he said he did not suggest flashing with that bios

Aren't all 512k bios the same and isn't one bank the same? Sure some are mirrored 256k X 2 but the size and flash is the same. Also doesn't the X2503x bios have it's own unique recovery sytem where all you do is flash it right and any ini problems are recoverable? Doesn't that make it safer for a single bank chip that holds 2 x 256k but allows access to only one of them anyway, how are you better off with that bad flash?

Chancer

• Archived User
Duox2 Lite
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2005, 10:54:00 AM »

doesn't the X2503x bios have it's own unique recovery sytem where all you do is flash it right

Ermm thats the whole point if the flash stuffs there is no recovery. If the flash works all well and good but if the person flashing makes an error then the chip has to be hotswapped. This bios can not be flashed to 256K bank anyway. This version is not a mirrored 256K, it needs a single 512K bank.
Being able to boot from bad config live file and recover is not the same thing as recovering a bad flash so there is no built in recovery for that.

_GhOsT_

• Archived User
Duox2 Lite
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2005, 07:12:00 PM »

the flash disk worked
just thought you would like to know

novakpower

• Archived User
Duox2 Lite
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2005, 10:07:00 PM »

Cool, do you like the new bios?  I havnt installed the new X2 512k bios yet.
Pages: [1] 2