xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Duox2 Professional Install, Doesnt Work  (Read 315 times)

HackDaBox

• Archived User
Duox2 Professional Install, Doesnt Work
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2005, 06:57:00 AM »

Where do you live ? maybe someone can help you if your installer won't ! it's really bad reading how some installers treat their customers especially when most of us do a damn good job for a small amount of $ and we take pride in our work.

HackDaBox !

Chancer

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2005, 10:04:00 AM »

Bite the bullet and get someone who knows what they are doing to get it working right. Its alright saying send it ot the original installer but he will most likely make it worse.
these are easy chips to install and get working. the installer is no Pro so name him in here and save someone else the misfortune of letting him mod their box.

Perplexer

• Recovered User
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2005, 11:14:00 AM »

That LPC rebuild looks a bit spotty...  And not testing a mod once it's installed is a HUGE no-no!  ESPECIALLY if it's a mail-in mod!!

I will say, however, that there is no harm in installing the 16-pin header.  In fact, I do it as well on my Duo-X2 installs, if for some reason the customer wants to "upgrade" to an Xecuter chip in the future.

xboxmodder4life

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2005, 04:37:00 PM »

that sucks when installers screw people like that. I prefer using wires to rebuild the LPC my self. But either way it does look alittle shotty where he used the rebuild LPC board. I  be willing to fix your xbox if u'd be willing to pay shipping to me, and shipping back. Basically send me your xbox and 10$ and i'd ship the xbox back to you. I gotta alot of time on my hands lately. So if you cant get it fixed i'd glady help you out. You'd just need to send the motherboard, and chip

PM me if ur interested, because i probally wont look at the thread again

garland990

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2005, 08:24:00 PM »

Ok I keep finding things that dont seem to be right....On the duo website they say to remove 2 pins from the connecter...located right next to each other(4 and 6 i assume). My board only has pins 4 and 16 missing.
I am reading the xecuter website as well and looks like I could use my x2.6 if i removed pin 6, which apparently is the same as the duo. Is pin 6 important? Can I remove a pin once its been soldered int here?

Thanks for the help guys.

ckh2004

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2005, 08:59:00 PM »

On the duo website they say to remove 2 pins from the connecter..

refers to pin 3, 4 & 5 from the female pin header which is soldered to the DuoX 2 chip.

My board only has pins 4 and 16 missing.

refers to the male pin header which is soldered to the LPC holes on the xbox motherboard. If you use the 12-pin male pin header that comes with DuoX 2, you only have to remove pin 4 from the male pin header. However, your "professional" chose to use 16-pin male pin header (to screw you further by recommending X3 later after intentionally screwing up the DuoX 2 instal ?!?! ), so he removed the unused pin 16 which is OK.

As I said before, don't bother about the pin headers, just concentrate on redoing the LPC rebuild. Though wired LPC rebuild is more reliable / consistent, you can still repair the soldering for the LPC Rebuild PCB.

As others have mentioned, mod chip install, especially DuoX 2, on v1.6 is not difficult at all - any decent modder can make it work 100% without much difficulty. What a lame "professional" that doesn't even check his work. To me he is more like a con man than a modder!

garland990

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2005, 09:26:00 PM »

Looks like I should have done it myself int he first place. I made some bigger beads of solder on the LPC points to make sure they were connecting. He actually missed soldering 1 pin (lad3), only soldered the lad not the pin. I cut off pin #6
now the duo still wont work, so i can screw it.....plug in my xecuter.....solder the grey wire from its harness to my d0 wire coming outta pin hole 16, boom first time I hit power im at flash bios on my xecuter chip. Hopefully it stays working

Indecline

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2005, 09:56:00 PM »

The solution to all this crap is simple:  the installer amends EVERYTHING.  Nobody should claim to "professionally install" these chips, and send them mucked up-- AND expect the buyer to just fix it themselves, thats not what you paid for.  You paid money so you wouldnt have to do what you're doing.  To me, it sounds like this chump just made a good $75 off you playing around with a soldering iron.  As for him willing to fix it if you pay shipping both ways, tell him no-- he messed up-- he bites the bullet and loses money in this.  His bad, not yours.

ahroberts

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2005, 11:18:00 PM »

You are missing a wire. If the cromwell duo-x install is the same as the Duo-x 2 install, you need another wire that goes from the 4th pin down on the left to a solder point with "R7R5" or something similar to that printed next to it. Check the Duo-x 2 install diagram for the v1.6 on www.duomodchip.com and you will see what I'm talking about. I always have to add this wire with these aladdin lpc rebuild boards in order for the duo-x 2 to work reliably

spyman

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2005, 11:38:00 PM »

yes you need to link that wire to where ahroberts said, or even pin #15 should work.

I can't believe your installer is putting you through that shit, and the quality of his work is far from professional, heck it doesnt even classify as n00b.

I see you are using the xecuter chip, now but if it does stop working, send me a PM I am located in Toronto, Canada, but I will fix it up for you free of charge, since you've been through all this shit.  I think you should name your installer though if he is off these boards so no one else gets shafted in future.

garland990

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2005, 11:49:00 PM »

tongue.gif
Pages: 1 [2]